StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all !

I have a 1000 and can barely touch the ground (I'm on my toes). I have dropped the bike because of this and don't want to drop it again. Since my butt really hurts on the stock seat after an hour, I'd like to change to seat also. I was thinking about getting the Sargent seat and read on their site that ground reach was the same than the stock 650 seat. What are your thoughts/experience on that ?

I'd like to keep the same seat to footpeg distance as the riding position is pretty comfortable for me. Should I also think about lowering links ? What would be the effect on two-up riding with the bike loaded for a week trip ?

BTW, I have a 30" inseam.

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Hello all !

I have a 1000 and can barely touch the ground (I'm on my toes). I have dropped the bike because of this and don't want to drop it again. Since my butt really hurts on the stock seat after an hour, I'd like to change to seat also. I was thinking about getting the Sargent seat and read on their site that ground reach was the same than the stock 650 seat. What are your thoughts/experience on that ?

I'd like to keep the same seat to footpeg distance as the riding position is pretty comfortable for me. Should I also think about lowering links ? What would be the effect on two-up riding with the bike loaded for a week trip ?

BTW, I have a 30" inseam.

Thanks !
I just put the Sargent World Tour Sport Seat on my DL650. You sit about 3/4" higher. But, the reach to the ground is almost identical to the standard 650 seat because of the narrower profile of the nose on the Sargent. So, to answer your question the Sargent should give you the same reach at a stop as the DL650 seat which is considered the low seat for the DL1000.

BTW, I have a 29" inseam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts