StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's easy to become a little skeptical these days with so much access to so much information on any and every topic imaginable. I was starting to see cross-eyed with my seat research here on the stromtrooper forum.

Thankfully I held true to my priorities and purchased a great seat at a great price AND I got it delivered the next day. I'm becoming a huge fan of Amazon and I' starting to realize there are some really great companies aligning their online presence with Amazon, as is the case with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

First the decision. The issue with this and other forums is that they are nothing more than opinion with little background to support the writer's assertions. I'm 5'9" and 170 pounds. The seat or seats that will accommodate me are probably more in number than someone who is of the "Big and Tall" group or someone who is vertically challenged. "Average" has its advantages. Anyway, after getting a little sidetracked on a couple of the "custom" seat discussions, I selected the Sargent because I believed, based on what I had read here, that it is a quality piece and that it would solve my "sliding to the tank" issue and provide a comfortable long haul perch.

I commute 270 miles to work on Monday and then the same 270 miles home on Friday's. After a couple trips with the Sargent, I can say that I am very happy with the seat. It is truly a high quality piece that seems to be well crafted and very well designed. It is "Marine" grade vinyl which suits my applications just fine...and no noticeable butt burn after ~5 hours in the saddle. It felt like the seat was starting to settle in even better on the second trip but that may just be me!

So long story short, I'm a happy strommer. The transaction went incredibly smooth, as has become my expectation with Amazon, and Rocky Mountain ATV/MC received my order immediately and had the seat shipped within about an hour of the order being placed. The price was $370 plus $20 to have it delivered next day. :hurray:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Glad you have a happy butt.

By the way, RockyMountainATVMC is the off-road part of JakeWilson.com. Both are OK as far as I know.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PTRider, good info on Jake Wilson. I've seen their ads but haven't been actual customer ...I guess til now! :yesnod:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts