StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just joined a few days ago and have begun lurking. Lots of good info on here. I currently ride a k3 SV650S but I'm looking to the Stroms. The differences between the two and even the transition from the SV seem to be covered pretty well. I still keep going back and forth between the (W/V)ee.
Anyways I'm 27 and my back is finally asking me for a more comfortable ride. I commute ~30min a day on SV and the clip-ons are starting to get to me. I've been riding this bike for over 3 years now and it was my only mode of transportation for over a year and is still my main mode when just going out alone. Before that I had a 2000 GS500, so I guess I'm a Suzuki-phile, but only by accident - they just keep making the most bang for the buck in the category of bikes I'm shopping for.
Anyways thanks for all the info and I'll be poking around. Cheers,
-Matt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely! I started going out to the local deserts to camp on random weekends and have to drive all these great roads to get out there. I'm hoping if I get a Strom and the proper luggage/"farkles" it will be capable enough to get me out there and to my hiking trails. They're all on dirt trails - some soft sand (making me lean towards the 650 for the weight).
I love my SVS, but with the clip-ons and shorter range per tank it's not very practical to modify that to take it out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trophy,
Really appreciate it. Looks like a cool forum. Do you go one the off roading portions with that group on your Strom?

Might have to meet up with you next year to check out your baby.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've done a little with the Strom but since I have the DR...it spends the most time in the dirt. A lot of skinny orange bikes on the forum but also a good contingent of folks with bigger bikes and strictly road bikes.

There are plenty of mild off road rides for the Strom around the county. With the weight, sand is not it's friend, though.

Funny....I rode an '05 SV home and realized I bought the wrong bike (for me). I put it in the truck and took it back....the dealer thankfully unwound the deal and I got the Wee.

PM'd my contact info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts