StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my DL1000 and I am interested in meeting anyone in the San Antonio / Central Texas area sometime soon. I see the Dallas and Houston areas have spoken up at some point so lets represent the ALAMO CITY!

Post your general location and maybe we can arrange some sort of meetup / ride sometime! :thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon guys...I know you're out there!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Photoryder,
I'm in San Antonio, but not a 'trooper' yet. Looking to be real soon though. No bike as of now, but I'm planning on getting the new 650. Just waiting for the dealerships to start getting them in, and then I'll go shopping.

Once I get it, I'll get back to ya for a ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Photoryder,

I am in San Antonio on the Northside. Ride a 650.
Am self employed and don't get a chance to ride as much as I want to but could be up for a meet up/ride.

A ride to eat for some BBQ is always a good thing

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm game

Hey all, I live in Boerne, and have ridden the Hill Country for 25 years. Know all the usual good roads (Three Sisters, Tunnel Road, etc) as well as a lot of routes you may not know about. I travel a lot for work, but when I'm home I'm up for a putt anytime. Best way to reach me is email [email protected] or hit me on my cell 210 380-1939. It would be nice to ride with fellow Strommers for a change!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lost Maples

Gonna try a trip to Lost Maples with some coworkers from Austin. Anyone interested in joining in the future? We are firemen so it is likely to be a middle of the week sort of deal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey, I'm up in Round Rock area. In Texas, that's just around the corner. I grew up in the Hill Country and ride there quite a bit. Hopefully we can meet and ride.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ride

Hey all, been emailing with strommer Kimmerling fom San Antonio, and I'm trying to put together a ride for later this week, most likely Thursday 12/8. I figure we can meet up at the Boerne Home Depot parking lot at I-10 and Hwy 46 @ 9:00 am. Probably be riding over through Bandera to Leaky and do the 3 Sisters, etc. Should be back to Boerne well before dark. If your interested give me a call, my cell is 210 380-1939. The more the merrier. The cold weather is no big deal, just gear up, plug in, and come ride! I plan to ride regardless, unless the forecast calls for pissin' rain all day. That's just no fun. But it looks like it'll be cleared out by then, just cold. Give me a call.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ride Today

OK ladies, it's time to ride. Nippy 27 here at the house this morning, so plug in the electrics and lets go! I'll be by Home Depot in Boerne a little after 9:00 this morning but if I miss anyone, see ya in Leaky at the Motorcycle Stop around 11:00 ish.

Kevin

·
Registered
111 Posts
ride

Sorry i couldn't make your ride but sounds great in future. It seems like i will have mon tuesdays off in january or something like it. If you arrange another feel free to post like you did. Thanks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thursday 1/5

Ok all, planning another ride this coming Thursday 1/5. Meet at the Home Depot in Boerne @ 9:00. Thinking Luckenbach, Tunnel Road, or maybe over to the Willow City Loop....... Interested, sent me a PM, email, or give me a call. My info is in a prior post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm at Fort Sam. I'd love to go on a ride sometime soon...400 more miles left till the motorcycle is broken in. Much harder process than I ever thought it would be!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm at Fort Sam. I'd love to go on a ride sometime soon...400 more miles left till the motorcycle is broken in. Much harder process than I ever thought it would be!
Breaking in a motorcycle is fun! It'd be great to go out on a ride sometime! Mostly I ride on weekends but whenever the days get longer, I'm always up for an evening ride after work. Let's keep in touch and plan a ride sometime!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Let's ride

Ok San Antonio Strommers, let's try another day ride......... Been out of town working in Oregon but I'll be home Monday 2/6. Let's do a day ride Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'm up for anywhere; Leaky, New Braunsfels, wherever. We can meet up in Boerne if that works for others......... I know it's tough to get away for most people during the week, but come on, play hookie for a day, and let's get some wind! Everyone needs a "sick day" now and then....... Post a reply if you can make it happen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Roosterman!

Funny, I'm in Arkansas for work this week and won't be back in SA until Sunday. Hmmm, I may not be able to play bookie for an entire day but I can definitely squeeze in a half day on either tuesday or Thursday. Let me see what I can make happen and confirm with you by Monday the latest.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Rooster,

Looks like a no-go for me this time around. The office is quite busy this week and it'd be hard for me to justify an absence. :headbang:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just bought a new 2011 DL650

I'm here in S.A. Live near Bitters and 281. We need to get a group together for some Hill Country rides!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Still waiting on my salvage title to come in for my Vee, but its ready to ride as soon as it does. I live in converse, off 1604 between 35 & 10

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts