StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined yesterday. Great site. Learned a lot about the stroms so far. My current ride is a cruiser but I'm getting more into the touring side. I want to do some longer distance rides. Start out going down to WV and up to MA, Vt, ME. After that maybe trying a cross county ride. I'm 49 years old. Was looking at the ST 1300 and FJR which led me to the Vstrom. The Strom appears to be a great bike.

I need a bike that can hold up on the interstate for extended miles. Not get blown all over the place by cross winds. How is the Vee on the interstate and for this kind of touring?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I need a bike that can hold up on the interstate for extended miles. Not get blown all over the place by cross winds. How is the Vee on the interstate and for this kind of touring?
Welcome to the forum Philipp. Strom is a great all arounder but doesn't particularly excel in any one area. If you want to do some interstate, hit the back roads, and maybe throw in some forest service roads the Strom is up to it. If you are primarily interested in extended interstate/ touring there are better options including the ST and FJR. Just my $.02 :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts