StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit! SALUTATIONS! Geeze, not a good start fellas!

Hi all,
Just thought I'd do the right thing and say hello to one and all.
I'm Cameron, 38 years old and live on the Mornington Peninsular down here in Victoria, Australia.
Been riding for ages, well since I was 15 and flogging the guts out of my old Yammy FS1E, if you are old enough to remember them.
Most done the road bike bit, GSXR's VTR's, VFR's and most others in between. I seem to like thr R's for some reason.
Recently picked up an ex-demo 2011 Orange Wee and am extremly happy with the bike. Reasons for changing are, in no particular order.
Position on the bike. No more sore wrists.
Can pootle along at or under the ridiculous low speed limits here and still get a view. Not have to wind it up to get that 'rush'
Great for 2 up. Take my 8 year old Lachie on some decent rides. He likes to fall alseep on the back, "the windy bits make me sleepy"!
Much smoother than the Viffer in terms of engine braking. Pillion doesnt want sit on the tank every time you change down or similar regardless of how you smooth out the gear changes.

Done alot of riding over the last few years. Got the Strom in Nov with 4k on the clock and its now March 2012 and its got almost 10k, not bad considering im doing only a bit of riding at the moment.
Have down the Snowy Mountains a few times now as well as Tassie with a great group from a local forum here in Oz.

Anyhoo, anything else?...Got 3 kids. lachie 8, Oscar 3 and Heidi 1, oh...and a lovely wife Catherine who, bless her, gives me the nod to go off on these adventures and never fretts when Lachie comes along for a blat.

Right O, I'll bugger off and try and help contribute to the forum whenever time permits.

Hope to make a few Strom rides down here soonish and shoot the breeze with some of the fine folk that also ride the breed!

Onyas',

Cameron:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Hi Cam,

Welcome aboard.

I'm an ex Victorian now living up west of Sydney [hint: don't move up here, you live in a fantastic riding area there, don't tell the NSW guys I said that though.......shhhh :fineprint: ].

Enjoy the new bike.

And as Chris said, stick your head over on the Aussie section of the forum.

Plenty of members down your way too.

Cheers,
Ock.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Key to the world.

When your kids grow up, and you have time to travel, you can ride the world on your Strom, either alone or two up. A few years ago I met an intrepid rider from Victoria, Australia, who had ridden the length of South America the jungles of Central America, Mexico, up the west edge of the USA, and to Squamish, British Columbia Canada en route to Alaska. I do not ride beyond the USA and Canada, but I too was a few thousand kilometers from home when I met him.

Perhaps the best part of owning a Strom is your membership here. You can often find pals to ride with, companions for mealtime and the well-lubricated swapping of lies, and technical assistance, some of it accurate and some questionable.

There is only one area in which you have no choice.
You will enjoy your ride; of that there is no question.

Welcome to the ranks of the assimilated.
Keith

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi from Adelaide

Welcome Cam, i have a 2011 black wee and am totally happy with it. Got it in Feb and only got 1500kms so far but i'm working on that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, had been lurking a while. Digesting alot of the info posted. Think Wobblyboot is here from netrider in Aus as well.
Will head off to the Oz site but just wanted to post here on the Mothership!

Cheers all,
Cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts