StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question I hope.

I lowered my Wee (2012) about a month ago, using 1" lowering links and raising the forks. My question is, when setting Sag, can I use the stock numbers in the manual or do I need to take the lowering links into effect?

I've never measured or set the sag so I would like to see where I am and make changes if necessary but this has me puzzled. Did I mention I tend to over analyze stuff?

I searched I really did..... If you have a link feel free to post it and I will hang my head in shame.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Simple question I hope.

I lowered my Wee (2012) about a month ago, using 1" lowering links and raising the forks. My question is, when setting Sag, can I use the stock numbers in the manual or do I need to take the lowering links into effect?

I've never measured or set the sag so I would like to see where I am and make changes if necessary but this has me puzzled. Did I mention I tend to over analyze stuff?

I searched I really did..... If you have a link feel free to post it and I will hang my head in shame.

Thanks,
Ray
The manual has sag numbers??

Regardless, 40mm of total sag is still good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you lowered your bike an 1" I would take the stock sag #'s and figure what the sag should be with an 1" less travel, if the sag is 25% with 5.5" of travel it should still be 25% with 4.5" of travel. If you are too fare through the travel it will feel harsh because you are compressing the air volume in the forks and the shock it will bottom more, not as critical on our bikes because the suspension is so basic.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
A lowered bike doesn't have less travel unless the shocks and forks are altered, a rare occurrence. Raising the fork tubes in the clamps has no effect on travel and changing the dog bones has a negligible effect. 40mm is still fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. Looks like I'll be going for 40mm.

BTW, The "info" I meant in the manual was the suspension travel, not sag.

Thanks again,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts