StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
During the last service on my little Strom I asked the dealer to lower a bit the front by raising the fork tubes in the triple tree to max 10 mm.....now, I don't know why but he raised them about to 15 mm:furious:....I'm more than happy on how the bike is going now but I also noted that the ABS cylinder is installed just above the front wheel's fender and I'm now wondering if the parts could come in contact between them during a full suspension travel (i.e. in a "panic stop manouvre").

I read somewhere that this kind of accident could happen if you get a fork brace installed and i haven't, but this doubt is driving me crazy anyway!:headbang:

As usual, I hope my "italic" English could be understandable.....

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The full travel is 150mm. Fully extend the fork and measure what's available. The fork brace is the big culprit in space stealing. I wish there was one that had the major mass of material to the rear instead of the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi greywolf!
I'm glad to read you. When you say: "fully extend the fork..." you means with the bike's front wheel lifted from the ground? I know it could be a stupid question but I don't have the center stand on mine and so I don't know how to do.....however, with the bike settled on lateral stand I measured 125 mm left....I'm thinking to go back to the dealer to set the fork tubes as they were...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You can fully extend the fork while on the side stand. Somebody else doing the measuring will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts