StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this seat...looks like it could be a cure for the dreaded numb dink. Saddlemen's website makes no mention...

·
Registered
703 Posts
I hated the stock seat. It wouldn't take long riding for pain to set in. I upgraded to the gel seat, and now I can ride comfy all day.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Virtually all better bicycles come with channeled seats nowdays. Both my road bike and my mt. bike have then. I still get tingly dingus after a couple of hours. That said they are light years better than by old seats.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you find the picture??

Best suggestion, email them, and ask.
This picture was in the most recent edition of Motorcyclist.

I emailed the company a few weeks back but have had no reply. The seat in the picture looks nothing like any of the gel channel seats on their website which are predominantly sport bike.

Saddlemen make the gel Vstrom seat sold by Suzuki so one would figure that they have the technology to build this seat for a Vstrom...unless Suzuki says otherwise.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This picture was in the most recent edition of Motorcyclist.

I emailed the company a few weeks back but have had no reply. The seat in the picture looks nothing like any of the gel channel seats on their website which are predominantly sport bike.

Saddlemen make the gel Vstrom seat sold by Suzuki so one would figure that they have the technology to build this seat for a Vstrom...unless Suzuki says otherwise.
Do they make one for a ZRX1200R, cause it looks a little like that seat too, the Corbin my last bike.

·
Registered
259 Posts
the real question is... has anyone bought one yet... someone has to have pulled the trigger... so we can get a review!:yesnod:

·
Registered
856 Posts
tingly dingus sounds like a great name for a boat or band! :D

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I just ordered one......Lets find out.
Which version did you order? Be sure to post a report (with photos of course) after you've ridden on it for a bit.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't like to slide around in the seat, I wonder if the track one is grippy at all, probably not since it is similar to the gel seat material. The sport ones looks like a good compromise with that velour cover thingy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks like an intelligent choice. I like the raised back for support. I ride road and mountain bikes and this technology has been around for a few years. I was wondering when it would make it's way to the MC world. I haven't seen one in person so there's no way I would make the jump. I'm in the market for a seat and I am no closer to a decision than 2 weeks ago. The search continues.:headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Pictures of the seat will suffice please.
Yeah, I didn't mean butt photos. Well it depends on the butt I suppose, but Wally doesn't sound like the name of a butt I want to see. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts