StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about the saddleman gel seat with the taint channel. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

·
Administrator
6,400 Posts
I have one and it is great. After a few years my original seat started to sack out and I purchased a Saddlemens Adventure Track CF (carbon fibre look alike) for my DL650.

It has been great. Firm at first until the gel settled and because of it's firmness you sit an inch or two higher but I can travel much further between breaks.

The seat itself is much heavier and much more well built that the stocker. The stitching was faultless.

Some here will recommend Corbin or Russell as their choice but I have never owned one so cannot compare them to a Saddlemens. I'm happy that I bought mine.

There are plenty of threads on them on Stromtroopers. http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2012-2016/277378-saddlemen-track-seat.html

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I have one on my 2014 Wee and it's a lot better than stock. It seems to have moved me back from the bars a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
taint channel drainage?

I have one and it is great. After a few years my original seat started to sack out and I purchased a Saddlemens Adventure Track CF (carbon fibre look alike) for my DL650.

It has been great. Firm at first until the gel settled and because of it's firmness you sit an inch or two higher but I can travel much further between breaks.

The seat itself is much heavier and much more well built that the stocker. The stitching was faultless.

Some here will recommend Corbin or Russell as their choice but I have never owned one so cannot compare them to a Saddlemens. I'm happy that I bought mine.

There are plenty of threads on them on Stromtroopers. http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2012-2016/277378-saddlemen-track-seat.html
Let me ask a stupid question. What happen to water when it rains in the taint channel? Does it drain somewhere?

SL

·
Administrator
6,400 Posts
Let me ask a stupid question. What happen to water when it rains in the taint channel? Does it drain somewhere?

SL
No - it does not have a hole for water drainage. This one has been answered on their website.

When I wash the bike I soak it out with the old towel I use to dry the bike off. It has never been a problem riding in the rain but if you parked the bike out in the weather it would probably be best to wipe it out before getting on.

The idea of the slot is so that you sit on your buttocks and your tail bone (Coccyx) is protected from resting on the seat. This is claimed to provide a more comfortable extended ride. If you think that the open slot is a problem the Saddlemens Adventure Tour seat has the same slot in the padding but that empty space is covered giving a more conventional appearance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I called them yesterday and asked the questions. Also, they no longer do the suede. It is all vinyl now. Mine arrives Friday. Thanks for your help!

SL

Reactions: Brockie

·
Administrator
6,400 Posts
You will sit higher and it will initially feel quite firm but you will quickly find that you can ride for longer without discomfort. On my OEM seat I felt trapped in one position because it became so soft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts