StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the Saddleman Track or Sport seat with the channel in the center? If so how does it compare to the Suzuki seats or other aftermarket seats?

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Interesting

That seat looks comfortable. Many bicycle seats are like that. Who will be the first to put in an all day ride and give a review?:yesnod:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Maybe something useful under those flaps on the sides of the passenger section but damn that kills the looks. Otherwise, I like it. The center channel concept works with bicycle seats, just no telling if their execution is on the money or not.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I wonder if the center channel section of seat area has any drains for rain? :confused:

The Vee isn't sitting in the garage when the weather nerds call for rain in the area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Buy it if you like a sore ass

I just put the seat on my Vstrom. I wanted to like this seat. It looks great and is well made. I was in a state of denial and kept it longer then I should have. Its like sitting on 2 rails of hard gel foam. Big surprise! the seat is 2 hard rails of gel foam. If you don't have 2 hot spots on you ass from this seat, you are lying, dead, or work for Saddleman. I will stand toe to toe with anyone who wants to argue with this.
I bought the seat because of the positive review on stromtroopers. I'll be more careful next time. Yes, I know that a seat selection is a personnel choise. Yes, it is unreasonable to think you can ride all day without moving around on any seat. Yes, you have to break in a seat to get a true feel for it.
I don't like giving negative reviews, but this is well deserved. If you want to try the seat for yourself, make sure it can be returned.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seat does look cool and i do have a similar design on my mountain bike... i too wonder about the water drainage even for washing the bike let alone if it rains while riding.

I called them about a month ago and caught a guy on the phone that seemed a little put off by my many questions. told me he was headed out to a rally... think sturgis or another one... cant remember. told me to head to their website for answers. i searched for a vendor that sells them using their website. found a bmw dealership listed on their site and had always wanted to visit so i went over to the dealership and the parts/accessories guy said they dont sell the seat.. lmao.. oh well... so far i haven't had a good experience with this product so i think i'll stay clear.

looks cool but not for me at this time. i do have a friend who swears by their seat... but for me i'll stear clear for the time being.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts