StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have dl1000 2016 with suzuki hard saddle bags

looking for liners that would fit those saddlebags to my stuff in for trips.

Any sugestions

thank you

·
Administrator
6,351 Posts
I use plastic trash bags. A big one cut down as a liner with enough for a fold over for water protection and 2 or three to keep various items together inside. And a spare or two for dirty clothing. Cheap, readily available and replaceable. Clear of opaque are best if you can find them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Reactions: notacop

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
Wally bags cheap and help contain bulky things. You get more storage with the room available.
Or buy bigger panniers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thanks for e-bay link.

I will wait for your feedback on your purchase MrMagoo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got the liners today from Great Bikers Gear UK. They got here in 4 days--nice! Of course I haven't packed and used them yet-just checked the fit in the hard saddlebags and inspected them in general. I'll say up front that I'm very pleased with them-they're just as described and pictured on the ebay link provided above by jrb_nw. They seem to be well made with material comparable to other liners I've had. The online description says "tough water resistant textile material," and that looks to be the case. They have piping around the outer edges, which should help with wear and with keeping their shape. The fit in the funky-shaped saddlebags is good-they're shaped with the correct angles and width-see ebay photos. There are wide, adjustable carrying straps on the two larger liners and a smaller carrying strap on the small liner that fits against the muffler indentation in lower area of the right side bag. The larger liners have double-pull zippers and the small liner has a single pull zipper. The only thing I wonder about is whether having two separate liners for the right side bag will be troublesome when loading, i.e. holding them both in while closing the clamshell. Probably won't be a big deal, and it might be handy for segregating certain items-just understand there is a separate, narrow liner for the bottom area of the right saddlebag where the muffler indent restricts the width. Again, the photos on ebay are very good-I just wasn't sure if it was, or could be, attached to the upper liner-no, it's completely separate. The larger upper liner on the right is full width. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test on my next trip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the feedback MrMagoo

interested in those bags i was worry about the muffler side with wierd angles but they seem they found a solution with the 2 liners on that side

thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the feedback - that's really helpful. I was thinking that I could use that small bag for my shaving kit, the larger one on the same side for a few clothes, and the big one on the opposite side for foul weather gear, or more clothes on longer trips.. Perfect for long weekend getaways. I have a Wolfman duffle I use for my larger gear when camping. Bag liners always make life on the road much easier. I think I will buy a set. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the 2-bag solution for the muffler side will work better than what I've used the past 2 years, which was a set of liners from Storm Industries that were both the same size. The shape and size was ok for the left side, but didn't allow for the muffler cut-out on the right. I ended up pinching the bottom of the right side liner together to approximately the right depth at the bottom, and then securing it with a few safety pins-a little jenky. If there was just clothes in that one, I could stuff and jam it in and get it closed up, but not the best way to go--this should be better. Agree with jrb_nw that liners make life on the road easier. Taking hard bags off every night is no good for several reasons. I only do hotels-no camping, so it's much easier to tote the liners to the room and back than the hard bags-cleaner too:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have finally acquired Kappa (Givi) side cases and trunk. Two sized of liners are available from Tour and Ride. I discovered one of the sizes fits many different cases.

GIVI Motorcycle Case Accessories, back rest pads, racks
I bough the Givi T506 liner bags for my Outback Trekker cases, they are very strong and have compression straps and a shoulder strap.
They are much cheaper from Motostorm (Italy)! Please check there before you buy anything Givi. I know the shipping cost is more but you save a lot from them.

https://www.motostorm.it/en/accesso...inner-bag-35-lt-for-trekker-outback-37lt.html

The price is $30. + cheaper per bag than elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
From the ebay pics, it doesn't look like the bags were made to fit our boxes in perticular, rather need to bend the fabric to get in (as to accommodate most luggage shaped that way). Is that the... case?

I'd be interested in buying liners too, for the right price. Paying more for water resistance is a nonsense in my humble opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts