StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching this morning to see if the free saddlebag promotion on the 2013 650 would be extended after Oct 31. It has been replaced with 0 percent financing. I was hoping either the saddlebag promotion would be extended or they would have a $1000 rebate. I guess if I use the 0 percent then that is comparable to a rebate. I tend to pay down loans quicker though so it wouldn't be as much of a benefit. I was on the fence over those bags. They look tough but are so freaking wide!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Free bags, zero percent financing or rebates. They are all about the same in value. There is only so much room for incentives on a low margin bike. I kind of like the zero percent myself. Nothing like seeing your balance go down the full amount of the payment you send in month after month. The down side is if your credit isn't stellar you might not qualify for the zero percent. I guess that may be why they mix up the incentives every few months.

Just means you are free to select your own bags now!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I noticed the dealer from NC on Fleabay, raised his price $300 while the program was in effect, haven't checked to see if it's been lowered, now that the deals off. May just have been coincidental.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe has was accounting for the labor to install the bags. That wasn't included in the promo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just curious...I just purchased a 2013 with the bag promo. I am waiting for the bags, but I'm a little confused on what I'm waiting for!

I could have sworn that my salesman told me they were the molded type (like Hepco Beckers), but I asked to manager to send me all of the part numbers included with the promo...and all of the part numbers were for the ALUMINUM bags.

Which bags did you guys get with your 2013?

Thanks!
Russ

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! These are the numbers they gave me:

990D0-ALLOK-0A6 Alum Case locks 6pc
990D0-11J00-060 Top Case Carrier Plate
990D0-11J00-065 Side Case Carrier Plate
990D0-11J00-067 Alum Side Case Install Kit
990D0-ALSCE-NAR Alum Side Case Set

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just curious...I just purchased a 2013 with the bag promo. I am waiting for the bags, but I'm a little confused on what I'm waiting for!

I could have sworn that my salesman told me they were the molded type (like Hepco Beckers), but I asked to manager to send me all of the part numbers included with the promo...and all of the part numbers were for the ALUMINUM bags.

Which bags did you guys get with your 2013?

Thanks!
Russ
Mine are black painted aluminum. Once installed you can quickly remove almost everything with the quarter turn screws, nice touch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine are black painted aluminum. Once installed you can quickly remove almost everything with the quarter turn screws, nice touch.
That would be nice. This will be my third vstrom...and I want to say that I had a set-up from SW Motech that was like that...quarter turn and everything came off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Especially for thieves!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If someone is looking to steal something, they'll probably grab the entire bike. Unfortunate past experience. If I was worried about crazed saddlebag thieves I'd replace a quick lock with an unusual sized torx fastener or something similar to slow them down. There's an old saying: Locks only discourage honest people. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts