StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post some photos of OEM Suzuki saddlebag mounts that fit my 13 650? I think the ones on my bike may be OEM, but they have cheap cases on them that are not secure.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Could someone post some photos of OEM Suzuki saddlebag mounts that fit my 13 650? I think the ones on my bike may be OEM, but they have cheap cases on them that are not secure.
Might be faster if you post pictures of your panniers and racks?

·
Registered
61 Posts
These are the factory mount and left-side pannier from my 2013 Wee. (The tool tube is something I fabbed up...)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are the factory mount and left-side pannier from my 2013 Wee. (The tool tube is something I fabbed up...)
Thanks. Mine are not like that. If I could figure what bags are made for mine, I would buy some. The "bags" that are on now are Seahorse cases that are held on by bolts and clips. No matter how much I tighten the bolts, the cases move on the mounts. Until I can make a change I have ratchet straps around the cases.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you post up some pics of what you have on there now, I'll bet one of the inmates in here can give you some adfitional info...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the photos. The saddlebag mount has 2 threaded holes on the bottom bar. I am thinking this is a mount for a specific saddlebag.

The second picture shows the back of the Seahorse case. The bottom 2 clips fit snugly on the bottom bar, but top two have a clearance between the spacer and the top bar. My concern is that if the top clips rotate then the bag will fall off.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Those factory mounts look stout enough. If you can live with permanent mounts just bolt the buggers in place. Anytime you have easily removable saddle bags there is a flop factor.

My Seahorse bags are bolted on the factory frames and are quite happy to crush my ankle and not move at all in a fall over.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here are the photos. The saddlebag mount has 2 threaded holes on the bottom bar. I am thinking this is a mount for a specific saddlebag.

The second picture shows the back of the Seahorse case. The bottom 2 clips fit snugly on the bottom bar, but top two have a clearance between the spacer and the top bar. My concern is that if the top clips rotate then the bag will fall off.

Any suggestions?
Those look like Givi racks.

I have a similar setup, complete with Seahorse cases and the Happy Trail pucks like yours in the picture. So long as you tighten the pucks sufficiently, you should have no problem with rotation. I've taken mine on some pretty rough roads and they haven't loosened at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look like Givi racks.

I have a similar setup, complete with Seahorse cases and the Happy Trail pucks like yours in the picture. So long as you tighten the pucks sufficiently, you should have no problem with rotation. I've taken mine on some pretty rough roads and they haven't loosened at all.
Once tightened, do the bags move on the rack?

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
I would take the top clips off and use the 2 holes in the middle bracket and bolt through the Seahorse. That's what i did with mine.
I bent a piece of 1" strap in an 'S' to sit on the lower rail. I found some clevis pins with several holes in them and using a clip to retain it through the upper bracket.
I bolted solid one side and experimented with the other. Both do not move a bit.
I used the clevis pin through one hole and a plastic handled bolt in the other. https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwio1ZSXuNDjAhURxmQKHe9qAiIYABAcGgJwag&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RojSnVkEe8ZatOsP48ZbW9rac&sig=AOD64_2cqLHbesps4A30Gw0wjv4AT-uhFA&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjxxo6XuNDjAhVUqp4KHZb1C3cQ9aACCEM&adurl=

It's been a couple years and the knob has not loosened by itself.
I used 1/4 fender washers to spread out the stress.
I can't do pics, sorry.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Once tightened, do the bags move on the rack?
I've never had the issue, even when I dropped the bike while loaded. I have my pucks positioned toward the corners so the bags can't slide front to back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts