StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member for years but also inactive for a good period (lost username & had to create second account). The other day on my 2012 650ADV two consecutive sections of unannounced gravel put me in a nasty ditch twenty minutes before ending a five hour trip. Kudos to First Gear HT pants, Kilimanjaro jacket and SIDI Canyon boots. Contrary to popular belief, my goat skin driving gloves did an adequate job protecting my hands. I'm physically in very good shape. Pride, not so much. I'm just looking for support or advice as Progressive Insurance does their thing. I don't want her totalled as I just added race tech springs in addition to all the other farckling that tuned the bike to my body. Pretty minor damage visually aside from crash guard up against the frame in one place (possible cause for a total). One fork tube scraped and needing replaced and rear foot pegs no longer perpendicular to the frame. That part of the frame appears replaceable. Any advice regarding pushing for repair if possible? I used to have a garage and photos but can't access them right now. Help recovering old account appreciated as well.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
There's a good chance they'll total your bike. It might be your best option because if you really think the damage is superficial, you could always buy it back and fix what you want or need to. Make sure you let them know about the extras you installed when they appraise it. If you don't want to buy it back, swap the stock parts back on before the adjuster comes out. That way, the farkles are yours. Not sure how you can push for repair if the bike is damaged beyond a certain dollar amount. Mine was 5 years old and got totaled on cosmetic damage; the full price replacement parts add up quickly. But I kept it and took a reduced payout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts