StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to ride my 1K through the winter this year. Rust can be a concern over these months so i had a look if there was such a thing as an inhibiter and found this;

Boeshield T-9, 12 oz. Aerosol

Has anyone tried a product like this and does it work?

Looks like a simple spray on product.

Other options?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It works great on my table saw's cast iron top. I don't leave it outside though.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I've used Boeshield on my boats for years. It was developed for parts of aircraft that get sealed up and cannot be maintained. It sprays on a waxy substance that dries to a gummy yellow-brown coat. It's sticky, and it comes off easily if you scrape it.

If you don't care what the part looks like, and if the part doesn't get hot, it will work to block salt and water. I would avoid any moving parts like the lower forks, bearings, etc., as it will probably gum them up.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That stuff works by coating things so air/water etc cant get to the surface ... That stuff along with other products that work on completely different principles is usually used on the inside of aircraft wing or fuselage surfaces.

A lot of older (early 80's and older) aircraft left the internal aluminum surfaces bare and products like this are a godsend.

Some like boesheild are like a waxy substance. Others are a creeping oil that spreads out over the metal surface a molecule thick ... All work wonders but on a large surface like an aircraft require reapplication every so often.

My guess would be that the fact that it is on the outside or bottom surfaces of the motorcycle, it would require frequent reapplication ...

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
If your riding in salt see if you can seal or grease up the electric connectors

Salt in them will turn them to crap, cause shorts , burn out things

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have a look at Canadian Tire to see what they sell. They must have this kind of stuff on the shelf. They have everything else ever made it seems. No listed dealers for KROWN in Vancouver.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ya, looks like Powell River, Squamish or Victoria are the only close ones.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check out a product called Fluid Film. The stuff is wicked,environmentally friendly,creeps into hard to get places and doesn't affect rubber like a lot of the other stuff does.
I have been using it on my vehicles for years and swear by it.In fact I still have a 2000 Tracker that has no rust and here in Nova Scotia surrounded by the Atlantic that is saying something.
You can buy it by the gallon or aerosol cans.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rust Inhibitor

Check out a product called Fluid Film. The stuff is wicked,environmentally friendly,creeps into hard to get places and doesn't affect rubber like a lot of the other stuff does....
+1 . I use on all my vehicles and snowblower. Works as advertised. It's widely available in Canada - I get mine at Canadian Tire. Don't know if you can get it in the US.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts