StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost ready to order a Russell as I want to be able to do 8 hours rides and the stock seat allows me 3-4 tops. I'm however concerned about seat height (5'9" 30" inseam, I can juuust handle the bike, especially on inclines), so I'm a bit afraid of going with the Day Long.

Anybody here with experience on their Sport seat? How long can you ride on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Almost ready to order a Russell as I want to be able to do 8 hours rides and the stock seat allows me 3-4 tops. I'm however concerned about seat height (5'9" 30" inseam, I can juuust handle the bike, especially on inclines), so I'm a bit afraid of going with the Day Long.

Anybody here with experience on their Sport seat? How long can you ride on it?

Thanks!
I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam as well...
Have you thought about just lowering the bike? It's very simple on the Strom. You can get a pair of bones from Adventuretech, and lower the back 3/4", then just drop the front 19mm to match (just loosen a couple of pinch screws). I've done it to almost every bike I've owned... geometry of the bike stays the same, and IMHO handling improves, with the slightly lower profile. that should easily make up for the difference in the Russell seat...

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I had to resell the RDL for my Vstrom as it was too tall. I'm alos 5' 9 and 30" inseam

Lowering is fine and also Milwaukee Trooper boots will give you an inch and stable treads.

You might consider

Lots have bought them including me. There used to be some group buys

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I'm down to about 5 foot 9 (shrinkage) and have the Sport seat. Overall I really like it. If you are in Southern Ontario, you are welcome to try it. I sometimes wish the pocket I sit in was just slightly more setback by about an inch or even less. I can see myself eventually making a mistake when I pull up to a light on the bike if my foot goes down to a pot hole or something. But I can paddle the bike around OK with it. I can ride all day on this saddle, especially if I wear my bicycle shorts under my pants. I'd love to try the All Day back to back with the Sport. Oops, Just saw you are in Maple Ridge...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts