StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be ordering a Russell seat this winter. Bike is already put away, roads salted last week. Does the 2011 650 have enough output for a heated seat? Has anyone had a heated seat before and are they worth it? My wife rides alot with me and likes the idea of the heat.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Heated grips and seats are nice because they are always on the bike and don't add to the clothing needed to be moved on and off. That being said, they are not the best ways to stay warm. A heated jacket liner is #1 for that and heated gloves #2. 2008 and later Wees have about 125-150W above 3000rpm to run extra electrical gear.

·
Registered
875 Posts
FWIW, I had a heated seat on my BMW and while it was interesting it didn't do a lot to contribute to my being warm. Heated grips are great, a heated jacket liner is also great. I'd put my money and electrical capacity there.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have never felt the need for a heated seat. I have felt cold in my hands, feet, and torso, but never in my ass or legs. For me, heated grips are a must (together with hippo hands I wear summer gloves year round). Next in priority is a heated jacket, followed by heated socks or insoles. I think that these items are the most energy-effective solution.

·
Registered
22,333 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like heated grips and heated jacket liners would be better. Is the Wee alright for 2 jacket liners with grips? I plan on the H4 headlight harness and could also add the headlight cut-off at the same time to help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
2 jacket liners can only be handled at partial power. Depending on the brand, they can take 90W each on full power and you only have 125-150W to use. A headlight cutout helps but hands need to be considered and maybe feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts