StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.. well I hated the stock seat.. bought the factory gel seat and actually pulled off the road to see if my ass was on fire.. bought the sargent and it is much better but would like to know if anyone has owned both the sargent and the russell daylong and if they think its worth tryin the russell since I own the sargent.. thanks

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
it's that bad? (the gel seat) I was thinking of trying one, the stock seat on my vstrom gets uncomfortable after a few hundred miles... I had a Russell Day-Long on the LC1500 I traded in on the strom. We live close enough, went in for the ride in service, best money I put on that bike... just not sure I want to invest quite that much in a seat again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I couldnt

believe how bad it was.. I HATED IT.. the sargent IS a BIG improvement and I do recommend it.. I am just on a qwest for de BEST

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do A Thread

it's that bad? (the gel seat) I was thinking of trying one, the stock seat on my vstrom gets uncomfortable after a few hundred miles... I had a Russell Day-Long on the LC1500 I traded in on the strom. We live close enough, went in for the ride in service, best money I put on that bike... just not sure I want to invest quite that much in a seat again.
GRL VS SARGNT and get a concensus.. if ya dont like the gel ebay it. or sell it on the forum classifieds

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Had the Russell, never had a sergeant altho I sat on one once..

The RUSSELL was 10+ out of 10. Only sold it as my S/O got my V-Strom 1000 to ride when I bought a new BMW for me. She could not touch ground with the Russell so I sold it and got the gel (ugh) seat for her.

·
Registered
776 Posts
if you lived in this area you could try mine. I have a custom russell and it's by far the best seat I have owned. It fits very well, and I know it will be a 12 hour day plus riding seat. I have rode 10 hours at a clip so far, and I have had no problems at all. It does bring you an inch higher though, but well worth the price of comfort.

If your in St. Pete, give me a holler.

Clem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts