StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feed back on the two seats. My but is numb after 1 hour of riding on the stock seat. The wife is going to ride on the back two, once in a while. I want to do long rides. Help.:confused:

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Russell Day Long is a custom saddle made to fit you and, if desired, your passenger. The Corbin is a one size fits all saddle made to fit some 'typical' rider. If you match their idea of a 'typical' rider, the Corbin may be ideal.

I've had Russell seats on two of my bikes, and have on being made right now for my V-strom. I've been happy, and highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
custom seats

How do I go about getting a seat like that. And how is it made to be custom. Where do I go? And the big question, how expensive is it? I'm in Oregon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are in Redding CA. You can ride in or send them pictures and measurements. The seats start at about $450. They modify your oem saddle, retaining the pan but replacing most everything else.

·
Registered
106 Posts
For what it's worth, about 4 months ago I purchased a Russell. I looked at all of my other options, and figured that by the time I tired all of them I would have ended up paying for the Russell twice over. So I sent them $630.00 and 3 weeks later the seat showed up in the mail.

Since then I have put around 4000 miles on the seat with absolutely NO problems. This seat is by far the best farkle I have ever put on my bike. I just got back from a 2000 mile trip over two days. One day was 1200 miles and 17 hours on the bike. No pain at all. I'm 6 feet tall and approx 250 lbs, and while other parts of my body were sore (shoulders, arms) my legs and rear were perfectly fine. I can't say enough good things about the russell and it will definitley be the first farkle I put on any bike I get in the future.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Any feed back on the two seats. My but is numb after 1 hour of riding on the stock seat. The wife is going to ride on the back two, once in a while. I want to do long rides. Help.:confused:
I have a Russel /day long off of my 2015. Great shape fair price I am 5'10 inseam 29" weigh 182 if interested contact [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,599 Posts
My vote for the Daylong as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts