StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom DOUBLE BUCKET SEAT SUZUKI V-STROM DL650 DL1000 | eBay

I saw this and it looks like a cheap version of the Russell Day Long. In the pictures I have seen of his seats, the cover is super tight, and looks more professional, like you would find in an OEM product. This one looks a little more amatuer, doesnt seem to have the fitment of his, etc. Plus I am guessing that they dont take your weight into account with the foam. But it is cheap with your seat trade in. Anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd say the seller lacks the installation of the one key piece that makes a RDL work, The wing reinforcement piece. This is what gives you the supprt on the outer wings of the bucket. Without this the wings provide very little in the way of a benefit.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'd say the seller lacks the installation of the one key piece that makes a RDL work, The wing reinforcement piece. This is what gives you the supprt on the outer wings of the bucket. Without this the wings provide very little in the way of a benefit.
I customized my stock seat by adding hip support ala Russel.

Only after I saw a cutaway view of a Ruseel seat did I realize it's shortcoming.

Next time I'll find an old steel tracter seat and stuff it in the under the padding..............

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is that perforated vinyl in the middle section? That's going to be a rather wet foam if it sits out in the rain.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Perforated Vinyl?

Why that's so you can load up the seat foam with farts, and save em for a rainy day.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Perforated Vinyl?

Why that's so you can load up the seat foam with farts, and save em for a rainy day.
Would they then be wet farts?

A lot of MC have perforated material.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Perforated Vinyl?

Actually it routes them directly into the intake, where the methane is used to extend gas mileage and improve performance.

Pickled eggs and beer farts have been tested at 5+ hp increase and 15% improvement in gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Looks like this person is trying to break into the custom M/C seat business. In a few years he may have made a big name for himself. I bet Russell, Corbin's and all the rest weren't perfect, first time out. My G/F had to send her Corbin back 5 or 6 times before they got it right. I'm sure they all have some "touch up" work from time to time.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Impossible to have any opinion on this until someone buys an example and tries it. When Bill Mayer did mine I saw him glue two "wings" of very firm foam to the sides of the OEM seat, then contour them to the desired shape. They have held up quite well and provide the needed support without any mods to the plastic seat base itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts