StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to run some cables through the back of my tank bag for charging... I'd rather not spend all kinds of money on a kit, so I wanted to see if anyone here has done anything DIY-ish with theirs..

Thoughts?

·
Registered
858 Posts
why not go to harbor freight and get one of their grommet tools, then before you crush the grommet into the bag, (after you've cut the hole, obviously) slip the wire and a rubber washer (slit it for the wire, get something from the hardware store that is just about the right diameter to fit the wire) in and crush the whole assembly.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have my Battery Tender cord coming up between the tank and the front of the seat. I then plug a cigarette lighter adapter into the battery tender cord and lead it into my tank bag - i then just close the zipper of the tank bag against the cord - no cutting holes in the tank bag required.

·
Registered
654 Posts
DualSport Plus - KLR 650 adventure, enduro, dual sport motorcycle parts and accessories - Powerlet products

Canadian site for same thing

Its mainly meant for soft tank bags but I used them on my GF's and my top bad 2 nights ago. worked quite well and the price is cheap considering you could spend just as much on Jerry rigging things up.

I will make on big note tho. Do not run a power converted in a top case (ie to convert your 12v to 120 AC) because they produce heat. any case is a enclosed space. what I am doing is using a item to convert the cigerate outlet to USB which are both 12 volt and only charging items in top case that can use usb charging. My camera and phones for example.

As for items I may want to charge via AC, I can run a converter outside the case on back seat. On my trip next 2 weeks the back seat will have stuff bunged to it. not hard to add a small converter and the item being charged.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here are a few of my wolfman denali bag, I cut the hole and seared the screw holes with a hot nail, it supplies power to the cell VIA a plug adapter near the key switch, then to a centech AP-1 under the gas tank bracket.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I just go in at the end of the zipper. Works fine.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I used some things from West Marine to be able to feed multiple cables into a small tank bag. they are round with some rubber type inserts so the cables ae held tightly .

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I just go in at the end of the zipper. Works fine.
Yep, most tank bags (all?) have a double zip anyway so you can go in at the back corner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts