StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the rules for posting a link to a vendor, including eBay vendors, to which I have no relationship?

I had an eBay vendor link removed, one where I said I'd received good service. I'm not whining, just want to know the right way to do things next time. If I can't link, can I name the vendor?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What are the rules for posting a link to a vendor, including eBay vendors, to which I have no relationship?

I had an eBay vendor link removed, one where I said I'd received good service. I'm not whining, just want to know the right way to do things next time. If I can't link, can I name the vendor?
Pretty sure eBay links are outlawed altogether here.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Ebay links are part of the marketplace rules. The idea is to prevent people from putting things on ebay and referring to them here. I believe the trend to eliminate all ebay links is either an erroneous interpretation or an unexplained change in policy. Links I've posted for the last place to find Michelin Pilot Road tires and the only place I know of to get plug and play LED friendly flashers for our bikes are valuable to the membership and won't infringe on anyone or benefit me for example.

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
I generally remove links to craigslist/ebay/outside vendors that have no connection to this forum for a few reasons:

They don't have any accountability to anyone on this forum. The possibility of getting ripped off is much more likely with someone that has no affiliation.

Vendors that want to post anywhere in this forum needs to be cleared first. Your referral bypasses that requirement.

generally, people can find thing on e-bay by themselves.

etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts