StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Most new phones are water resistant, but I will definitely be getting a more rugged phone for my next one. I have always used otter boxes, which I know first hand can take a serious beating. My work got me an S9 this year and it's supposedly waterproof (submersion in 1.5m for 30 minutes rated) and with the otterbox (actually a good quality knockoff otterbox this time) it's pretty tough. I've had it in plenty of rain and dropped it a bunch and it's still just fine.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Any chance you could take a photo of the phone in your hand? I've seen pictures of the phone, but seeing someone holding it gives a better idea of its size. I've looked at this one as a possible replacement for my Droid Turbo.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Most new phones are water resistant, but I will definitely be getting a more rugged phone for my next one. I have always used otter boxes, which I know first hand can take a serious beating. My work got me an S9 this year and it's supposedly waterproof (submersion in 1.5m for 30 minutes rated) and with the otterbox (actually a good quality knockoff otterbox this time) it's pretty tough. I've had it in plenty of rain and dropped it a bunch and it's still just fine.
On a recent ride one guy took his S9 swimming (not on purpose) it survived fine.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have been using my DFP for 2 years now. Only a couple issues that I've had.

1. Must be plugged in when riding in temps below 30F. Lithium battery dies and shuts the phone down when too cold.
2. Not as glove friendly as I'd like. No big deal, I have a stylus on a tether handy.
3. The rare random reboot. Usually right at a critical juncture.
4, I had a charging port fail. Likely my fault, damaging it while trying to get the cable plugged in in the dark. (there may have been bourbon involved) Replaced under warranty.

It's definitely tough. I had mine remove itself from the bike mount on a washboard road. It dangled by the charging cord, bouncing off the front wheel until I stopped. Well I actually slowed down, hit the road bank at 1mph and fell over...phone was fine, ego, not so much...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts