StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I installed a used Suzuki Centre stand on my DL1000 and it was missing the rubber thingy that goes on the left exhaust where the stand rests when in the up position.

Anyone have a spare, or maybe a totalled bike with it on?

PM me please!

Cheers

V. :!:

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Why don't you go to a good local hardware store and look for something similar? Shouldn't be too difficult to find something close.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree,

However, since I've never had the "thingy", does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?

V.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
No pic but my el cheapo measuring device says this. 1-5/16 in diameter and 3/8 in thickness. Rubber button has a nipple on it that goes through the hole in the bracket. Try a hardware store for something similar is my suggestion. Surely Suzuki will want far too much for it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Water Warrior!

Actually, Suzuki wants nothing for it. Nothing I say?! :shock:

Yes, that is nothing, but you must buy an entire centre stand to get it! :evil:

V.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
lol. Obviously you didn't buy the entire stand. I would be tempted to attach any sort of hunk of rubber down there. Take a walk down the isles of the local hardware, something will appear.

·
0 Posts
Mine bit the dust also.........so, I drank a bottle of wine with the wife and used the now common plastic cork to make a new bumper. Countersink any type of bolt in the properly cut off and sized cork, insert through the cork and centerstand, and finish up with a flat washer/nut. It is a five minute job, works well, and has stayed on the centerstand for about a year now.

Dennis

·
0 Posts
My last fixit is incorrect to the extent that it applies to the accessory centerstand on my KLR650.................The VStrom can be fixed the same way with the cut off wine cork being attached to same location on the exhaust pipe where it originally resided. I suffered from multiple bike confusion until I looked at the KLR and VStrom centerstands!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great idea!

I'll try it!

V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts