StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like most of you, I noticed suddenly one day that both were gone. I got lucky and happened so see one of them on the road a couple blocks from my house. I put it back on and yup, it is gone again! Now, after I go and buy two more....any suggestions on the best way to keep them on? I was thinking about a thin smear of marine grade silicone????

·
Registered
543 Posts
To me, scuff marks and the worn paint on the frame are a badge of honor, showing that you ride the thing!

Kinda like a worn fretboard on a guitar or the bluing coming off a pistol frame...they don't get like that from just laying there.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
If you need some hell or heel guards, let me know. I can hook you up with some that are guaranteed not to fall off. That is unless you want them off. See my signature for more info.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Well, like most of you, I noticed suddenly one day that both were gone. I got lucky and happened so see one of them on the road a couple blocks from my house. I put it back on and yup, it is gone again! Now, after I go and buy two more....any suggestions on the best way to keep them on? I was thinking about a thin smear of marine grade silicone????
"Hell" guards?? For the love of Pete, proofread, man! I was absolutely baffled; It took me quite some time to figure out that you probably meant "heel guards".

Unless, of course, your bike's name is Cerberus, in which case you can have all the road you want, sir ...

Assuming you meant "heel guards" -- i.e., the rubber covers over the swingarm bearings -- I suspect those are just to keep water out of there. Lube the swingarm bearings annually and it won't matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts