StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to call this thread! Really!
"Rubber Thingy Pops Off" Ummmm...No!:confused:
"Help Me with My Rubber Thing" NO!!:green_lol:

Whatever (as my daughter sometimes says) I have had this cover thingy drop off next to my kickstand 3-4 times. Fortunately it has always (1) been when I was stopped and (2) I actually noticed it before riding off.

I tried drilling a small hole in it in case it was air pressure popping it off but that didn't help. I hate to glue it in place in case I somehow need to remove it for some maintenance.

Have any of you had this problem? What did you do?

Dave

·
Registered
490 Posts
A dab of silcon sealant will hold and still allow it to be removed if needed. I only have one remaining!

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Yep, that works............

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine disappeared about 2 years ago so I can't speak from experience, but if I ever found one on the road I too would install it with a dab of silicone.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Silicone sealer works great but use more than a dab. It sticks to the frame but releases from the rubber. It creates ridges to match the ones on the rubber. The rubber can be removed and replaced to service the swingarm pivots but it won't come off by itself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys! I'm going to try the silicon treatment.

Dave

·
38,104 Posts
Thanks for your help guys! I'm going to try the silicon treatment.

Dave
You're going to throw rocks at it?:jawdrop:

Sorry! The difference between silicone and silicon is a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I purchased a replacement through Suzuki and it appears they overfixed the problem. The plug was a little too big and would not fit. I took a steel file and a razor to it to trim it down. It is snug now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I purchased a replacement through Suzuki and it appears they overfixed the problem. The plug was a little too big and would not fit. I took a steel file and a razor to it to trim it down. It is snug now.
I have looked at the fitche and couldn't find part numbers for these pads. Could you share where on the parts fitche you found them and what the Suzuki part numbers are please?

·
38,104 Posts
They are on the 2009 fiche.

COVER, PIVOT RH
43585-27G00

COVER, PIVOT LH
43595-27G00

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks Greywolf.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
After you lose the first one, throw away the second, and then the frame in those areas will develop a very nice patina - the black wears off and reveals the silver where your boots rub against it. I kinda like it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
After you lose the first one, throw away the second, and then the frame in those areas will develop a very nice patina - the black wears off and reveals the silver where your boots rub against it. I kinda like it.
Already there. Decided I don't like the nice shiny silver color there. Gonna replace the missing one (doing a little black paint before).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts