StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no tolls, mostly farm land, in and out of small towns, but much better than. I took 90 from Albany to my parents in Utica, and I will never do that again. I loved the 67.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
And in Western NY ... try US-62.

Thanks for the news about NY-67. I hope to enjoy that route some day.

If you need to travel between Buffalo and Pittsburgh, consider US-62, which you can reach several ways. If you connect with US-62 in Hamburg, you will get a glimpse of a pretty and historic town. Then US-62 is very pleasant, with a great variety of scenery, including towns, farms, Amish carriages, hills, curves, and when you get to Pennsylvania, the Allegheny River. Much of the road has been freshly paved, and the rest is pretty good. This isn't a place to test your limits of traction, but the curves will provide plenty of fun.

In Warren PA there is a Quiznos restaurant which provides a fine break and good food in very clean surroundings. If you are hungry before you get there, you can find a variety of fast food in Gowanda NY.

By and by, US-62 heads west, and it's equally good in Ohio and Kentucky, but if you are going south, choose I-79 or take PA-8 from Franklin.

I hope to travel US-62 on July 31, and I hope it's as pleasant as it was in the rain on April 28. Alas, the bike will be on the trailer, because this is a family outing.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Keith

·
Registered
984 Posts
Da devil made me do it.

Yo, Keith

Next time yer cruzing up 62 hang a right in E. Hickory just up the road from Tionesta and check out Rt. 666 thru the Allegheny Nat'l Forest. Its not much fun at night in a raging rain storm following the path of a tornado dodging whitetails and potholes the size of VW's though. Still I'd like to go back and try it again in daylight when its dry. Sportbikes and cruisers need not apply.

·
Registered
488 Posts
There are some great roads between 67 and Rt7 is you are going to and from Bennington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts