StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rt.536 voted #1 mc road in ohio by sportbike riders. 536 is 11.5 mi. long, has good surface and no to light traffic and, no semi-trucks allowed. 536 has over one hundred curves and many hills. at moderate to high speeds this road can be a challenge so, check it out if you dare. Rt.536 is located in monroe co. near woodsfield ohio off Rt.78..

motorpsycho jim
columbus, ohio
05 v-strom 1k

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Rt.536 voted #1 mc road in ohio by sportbike riders. 536 is 11.5 mi. long, has good surface and no to light traffic and, no semi-trucks allowed. 536 has over one hundred curves and many hills. at moderate to high speeds this road can be a challenge so, check it out if you dare. Rt.536 is located in monroe co. near woodsfield ohio off Rt.78..

motorpsycho jim
columbus, ohio
05 v-strom 1k
Hush you! Don't be tellin' folks about these roads!:p

We were in the area for a week starting Labour Day weekend this year and found a different twisty loop to ride every day, in both Ohio and WV. Excellent riding, hardly any traffic and only a 8 hour ride away for us to get to. We rode just about everything in the Wayne National Forest but didn't quite make it to RT. 536.

·
0 Posts
Can I come??
I'll promise not to get too drunk.
I'll promise to stay clothed unless showering.
And I'll promise not to bring any guns, or shoot other peoples guns.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Can I come??
I'll promise not to get too drunk.
I'll promise to stay clothed unless showering.
And I'll promise not to bring any guns, or shoot other peoples guns.
:mrgreen:
Sounds like a plan. My guns have been banned from all Stromtrooper events anyway. Shame, I found one the other day. Was moving the filing cabinet into the new house and when I pulled out the file folders out it fell. I guess I filed it under "gun". :mrgreen:

-GW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Ohio's Dragon Tail

Another excellent alternative is Ohio SR 26 between Bethesda and Marietta.....not very far from 536.......and it is much longer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just rode through Wayne national this weekend. 243/386/141 (I Believe). They had done some repaving on 243 and it seemed they had laid some new white gravel on the side of the roads. It seemed to be in the middle of every corner. (Sketchy in a few spots!). Was a great time though. Also spent some time on 775 and rode a few state routes. A couple were "goat trails", broken up pavement gravel sections you name it. V-Strom really loved it.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Another good road is route 43 between Amersterdam and Carrolton Ohio. Not very long, but good pavement, and nice curves. Watch out for the highway patrol. Last time I was up there they were pulling a Harley out of the guard rail and had the road closed. Not a pretty site!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Rt. 555 is a GREAT ROAD!!!!
And 676 East off of 555 is a great addition to it, although only for a while then it kind of mellows out.

536 has been full of gravel and crap in the road every time I hit it, not worth the time or effort IMHO for a 12 mile stretch of curves that you have to approach with fear of debris.

I know BTD knows these roads - but 541/206/715 in Coshocton/Holmes County is a great series of roads. Nothing super twisty, but great sweepers and you can see through the turns so you can fly in them, which is one thing I dislike about 555 is all the blind hills/turns. More than once on the triple-nickle I've hit a blind curve to find something in my lane, either a fellow biker or a farm implement....that's a pucker factor I could live without.

The last time down there I was behind a cage and he ran over a 12" snapping turtle, sending it airborne - had to literally dodge a flying turtle, you don't do that every day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts