StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I was sitting * dead in the water* in backed-up Saturday-before-Christmas traffic , heading west on 101 around noon near that newish stainless-steel diner place, I looked on with envy as some intrepid 'Strommer passed in the other direction on a red bike with hard bags. Given that it was a chilly 33F outside, the rider has got to be one of the local crazies on this web site.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wasn't me.....
....just sayin' :-(
g

·
Registered
576 Posts
So....................
It's raining steady.......
Salt's washing off the roads......
Mild temps forcast........
WHAT A TEMTATION!! :)
g

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wasn't me, I was on the other side of the river and my bike is silver. Cold this morning but not the coldest this year.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wasn't me, I was on the other side of the river and my bike is silver. Cold this morning but not the coldest this year.
River? River! What river? Do you mean the Merrimack? The Souhegan? I considered you as a possibility but I was pretty darn sure your Strom isn't red (but, then again, my memory isn't he most reliable at times).

Happy New Year!

Are you riding still? A few other local Strommers are and I'm bound and determined to have the capability NEXT winter after I get a garage built. Being "Stromless" when good riding weather abounds absolutely sucks!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Merrimack. Yup, ride every day road conditions allow. I usually have a winter bike but this year I'm riding the Strom. My winter bike is a KLX250 but it is very cold blooded and takes 10 minutes to warm up enough to ride. Had a KLR250 2 winters ago that had the adjustable choke lever so I could ride that one cold. The KLX has an on (5000rpm) off (stall) choke on the carb with no in between so it has to warm up before it can be ridden. I like small off road capable winter bikes so I can still ride when the roads have a couple inches of snow but no ice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts