StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been planning this ride with some old work-mates from Young for some time and we finally got to do it last weekend. Most of the blokes had to work friday so the meet point was to be Adaminaby, for an overnight stay friday.
But I met Gibbo at Marulan for a different trip to Adaminaby.
Wollongong NSW to Adaminaby NSW - Google Maps
After Marulan we headed for the first Australian GP Monument at Brisbane Grove near Goulburn

Then to the Loaded Dog at Tarago for refreshments

Through to Fyshwick to see an old friend (true) then the Cotter Dam and onto Thawa

From Thawa to Adaminaby via Shannons Flat has about 40Ks of easy riding dirt roads and some spectacular sceenery.

This tree reminded me of some people I have ridden with - bent, warped and twisted

We stayed at the Snowy Mountains Motel (recomended)
Snowy Mountains Motel - Facilities
One of the managers is a bike rider and is only to willing to tell you of some good local rides.

Naver trust a drunk with a camera

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Day 2

After a nice cooked brekky at the motel the skies didn't look to promising, with a little bit of "mist" falling, but the rain held off for the most part of the day.

There was 11 in total
Gibbo, Fitzy, Al and Bocko on VN 800's
Stu and Allison Rocket Roadster
Simmo Bandit 1250
Bob Honda Varadero 1000
Matt Ninja 600
Panda driving his Navara
and me on the wee
Adaminaby NSW to Sussex Inlet NSW - Google Maps
There is no need to tell you how good the roads are in this neck of the woods, and we made good use of them to Jindabyne

Jindabyne Dam Snowy River outlet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-10/snowy-river-water-release-/3460128

From here to Bombala was a high speed blast (for some) with big open sweepers and very little traffic

The Bandit surrenders

Into Bombala

Sorry but no more pics for this day
The Mt Darragh road to Pambula was a hoot with many many tight corners but the road surface wasn't the best in places, so care was needed.
We had a great $10 feed http://www.royalwillows.com.au/
then up Sussex Inlet

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 3

After another (for me) night at the Sussex RSL we headed to Kangaroo Valley and Bundanoon
Sussex Inlet NSW to Young NSW - Google Maps
We had bikes packed in every nook and cranny at the RSL cabins

Brekky at South Nowra McChuck

Seem to see these on every trip. This looks like an excellent example (the fluid on the ground is not from this bike)

Bundanoon and this is where I parted company and turned around and headed for home.

Was a great trip on some roads I've never been on and will willingly do them again. It was good to catch up with me old mates and meet new ones.
Gibbo led the boys (and girl) to the GP monument and then out thru Crookwell to Young. All except Matt who went to Canberra via the Loaded Dog at Tarago
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts