StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Wee, while riding today, I noticed while stopped and at idle, the RPM were bouncing between 1100 and 1400. Never noticed that before.

Had the valves checked at 17K 6 years ago. Shop was sketchy, so assume it was done, I had started but couldn't finish, was over my head service wise, had it towed in already stripped down

Now at 36K

Idle set at 1300

What else might cause this if not valves

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
TPS or air leak come to mind.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Its not the valves. They don't change rapidly and all of a sudden.

Throttle bodies out of sync, vacuum leak at one of the rubber boots on the intake tract, sticking throttle cables, TPS worn out ... someone else come up with other/ better suggestions?

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
I've got an 04 with 96K miles and an 05 with 36 K miles. Neither has ever done any thing untoward in regards to idle or running. The 04 runs like a swiss watch that uses oil. The 05 sits and waits for a license but starts and runs smoothly after setting for months.
i find it curious that an 06 can suddenly become non functional unless in the process of the valve check the mechanic really goofed something.
Hopefully in the hands of the dealer it will become the Wee that just works well if left alone.
My 04 went from 23K to 80K miles with nothing more than oil and gas with a mechanic making a small change in one valve at the 80K mark.
Better left alone that overworked perhaps?

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
06 Wee, while riding today, I noticed while stopped and at idle, the RPM were bouncing between 1100 and 1400. Never noticed that before.

Had the valves checked at 17K 6 years ago. Shop was sketchy, so assume it was done, I had started but couldn't finish, was over my head service wise, had it towed in already stripped down

Now at 36K

Idle set at 1300

What else might cause this if not valves
Check the rubber nipple covers/plugs on the throttle bodies. I think there's four. When I did my first throttle body sync I found a couple were cracked. I replaced two and did the extension tubes on the other two to make the throttle body sync easier in the future. The sync turned out to be right on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts