StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this stuff at my local auto supply store. It got my attention because their synthetic racing oil is available in straight wts, 41 51 etc according to the salesperson. First time I've ever seen a straight wt synthetic. They also make a line of bike specific oils. At $ 10.00 a quart It's not exactly cheap. www.royalpurple.com

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dont know about royal purple. I was talking to the lead mechanic for the company I work for. He said after switching all the equipment to royal purple oil he started havin alot of problems with valve seals failing and odd wear in the valvetrains. Now this is in Detroit Diesel V12's wich is about as far away from a bike engien as you can get but... I still dont feel like spending that much money on a name.

I used to always use Valvoline VR-1 50wt untill I got my RF900R. then I switched to Suzuki but that is just my .02

·
Registered
178 Posts
Used to run it in my GSX-R 750, was happy with it and then for a time I ran it in my KLR but gave it up primarily for the price and that I change my oil frequently so wasn't seeing the cost/benefit you get from synth's longer life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts