StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there installed a set of Rox rotating bar backs on an ABS model Strom? From my first attempt at installation, it looks like I need to replace the brake line to the master cyl. How much longer should the line be and are there other modifications I need to make? From reading about other installations in this forum, it looks like the curly things that retain the cables and wiring need to be removed. Is there anything else that I need to know. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some info.

Howard

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For most, you only need another inch. But I’m convinced that the brake lines for the Wabs came in different lengths. I didn’t need to replace/remove adjust anything. Go figure.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I got the Rox and they rock; they pivot, too.

I needed to add at least two inches to the brake line on my K7 ABS.

Also, when I turn the bars to the right lock, the motor revs slightly. The throttle cables ae just a little snug. The first time it happened was in a parking lot, it was almost a religious experience.

Ergonomically, for me, they are great, especially since I added about an inch and a half of foam to the stock seat.
They also make standing on the pegs so much easier. This comes in handy on some dirt roads around here, especially after a large Mexican meal.

When installing the risers, you won't have access to a pair of the cap screws that go into the upper triple clamp. You'll have to get them pretty snug and tighten up the exposed screws to clamp eveything down. Or modify an allen wrench to get to the hidden screws, depending on the degree of pivot.

Good luck.

Norm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rox Bars

I got the Rox and they rock; they pivot, too.

I needed to add at least two inches to the brake line on my K7 ABS.

Also, when I turn the bars to the right lock, the motor revs slightly. The throttle cables ae just a little snug. The first time it happened was in a parking lot, it was almost a religious experience.

Ergonomically, for me, they are great, especially since I added about an inch and a half of foam to the stock seat.
They also make standing on the pegs so much easier. This comes in handy on some dirt roads around here, especially after a large Mexican meal.

When installing the risers, you won't have access to a pair of the cap screws that go into the upper triple clamp. You'll have to get them pretty snug and tighten up the exposed screws to clamp eveything down. Or modify an allen wrench to get to the hidden screws, depending on the degree of pivot.

Good luck.

Norm
Norm,
Who's brake lines did you use? I have used Spiegler in the past but don't know if they are the best choice. Also, do you know of longer cables? I just got the bike in November and was able to only ride two days before Wisconsin winter won out and I had to store the bike.
Thanks for your info.
Howard

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
SS Brake Line or DL650 abs with Risers

Has anyone out there installed a set of Rox rotating bar backs on an ABS model Strom? From my first attempt at installation, it looks like I need to replace the brake line to the master cyl. How much longer should the line be and are there other modifications I need to make? From reading about other installations in this forum, it looks like the curly things that retain the cables and wiring need to be removed. Is there anything else that I need to know. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some info.

Howard

:) Hi Howard, the issue with the DL650 abs is that the OEM Front brake line is one inch shorter than the no abs DL650 or the DL1000 for that matter,

I worked with Galfer last year to create the correct SS Line and fittings for our bikes.

I stock the correct SS Brake Line, in Black to match all of your other lines and cables. This is an easy swap over and will fix your cable length issues,

Let me know whenever you are ready, and I will look after you right away. Many Stromtroopers have used this fix. $49.95 and $10 Flat Rate Shipping to your door anywhere in the USA.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blair,
Just wanted to be sure that a 1" longer line would be enough for the Rox bars that have a 2" rise and can be rotated back? I was going to order a 2-3" longer line. Also, can I get the line in silver since I eventually want to go to all braided lines on the bike? Thanks for your help.

Howard

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
SS Brake Lines for your Bike,

Blair,
Just wanted to be sure that a 1" longer line would be enough ...Thanks for your help. Howard
:) Hi Howard, I have the Black SS lines made up in 1 - 2 - and three inch extensions, to match all the other cables and lines.

I also have the complete SS Front and Rear SS Lines made up and in stock in both th OEM lengths and the extended length for use with risers, in Black as well.

All the lines are 22 braid Stainless Steel, the lines are guaranteed for life from Galfer.

The color is the permanent sleeve that Galfer places over the SS line to protect your bike and paint from rubbing and abrasion from the SS lines,

Email me directly at [email protected] with a number to give you a quick call at, and I will get you looked after with the parts you want right away.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Norm,
Who's brake lines did you use? I have used Spiegler in the past but don't know if they are the best choice. Also, do you know of longer cables? I just got the bike in November and was able to only ride two days before Wisconsin winter won out and I had to store the bike.
Thanks for your info.
Howard
I honestly don't remember.

I just picked up the parts from my local dealer, whatever braided lines they had in stock.

I believe I went with 3" longer lines, 20" if I remember.

Big spring clamps come in handy when bleeding the lines by yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts