StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tried to install the 2"' rox risers and the brake line is too short. i removed all hoses and electrical wires from all routing clips and they are still too short--not even long enough to get the bar in the riser much less tighten it down and adjust it. this will need the hyd line kit offered by the forum sponsor. i do not need them that bad to break the connects and bleed lines. i'll be posting the rox risers in the for sale section.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
They fit on my 2012, but they are straight up. There is not enough cable/hose slack to tilt them back and still go lock to lock.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
People using them on earlier models reported things may work if cables and hoses are run behind the triple clamps or released from their guides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed 2" rox risers on mine a few days ago. I even had room lean the bars back a little. All with the stock lines.

·
Registered
134 Posts
got them installed on my 2012 sitting back at 45 deg just had to rrelease the break line from one bracket then don't forget to re align the brake/mirror and that is the key as it puts the brake line on the original angle. Maybe have another look

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did not want to slide my mirrors/controls inward on the bars. that would give me a marginal installation. if i eger have problems cause by a 'marginal' installation, i do not want it to be my brakes! i listed the ROX in the for sale section..also on acouple other mc boards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i did not slide them in just around so the angle was the same as standard, anyhow everyone must be happy with their bike as it is such a personal thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts