StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to install some 2" Rox Risers on my Wee. Everything I have read here so far seems to indicate I should not have any trouble with the cables, since I do not have ABS, other than maybe some minor adjustment. I am feeling no wiggle room what so ever once I loosen the handlebar clamps.

Below is a photo of where I think there is a problem. It is with these coiled wire guides (for lack of a better term), but I see no way to easily free the cables from these guides.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got rox

Hi, you just unwind them. That's what I did anyway. You can hold the wire with a pair of needle nose pliers. It's kind of like push the wire over the hose and keep going. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, you just unwind them. That's what I did anyway. You can hold the wire with a pair of needle nose pliers. It's kind of like push the wire over the hose and keep going. Good luck.
Most appreciated, Thanks! It makes sense and I started to do that and got this weird feeling I was going to break it. I will go at it again tonight without worrying about doing any damage.

Jim

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got it. Holy Cow. That was not as simple as I had hoped. Pull this, yank that, twist and test, tweak this, re-install that, watch the tank.

After a week of installing stuff (centerstand and rox risers), it's time to actually ride the thing! The farkling stops here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please post a picture

I am thinking of installing Rox Risers on my Wee. Please post a picture of your completed install. I am considering the Elite 2" Riser. Which one did you install?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking of installing Rox Risers on my Wee. Please post a picture of your completed install. I am considering the Elite 2" Riser. Which one did you install?
Honda Convert,
I installed Rox Risers. No regrets. They make a big difference. Pix below as requested.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No replacing wires, but due to my lack of mechanical skills it took me a while to figure out how to get a little more slack out of the brake line. That's just a matter of rotating the bracket on the lower fork clamp. Also, I ended up cutting the coiled cable guides (for lack of a better term).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I installed these risers on my 05 Wee and had to make a couple of adjustments while doing so. Everything was fine except at full lock, I had to move the brake line clamp down the line a little as others have noted. I also had to rotate the throttle cable housing a little or they would bind. The previous owner had installed grip heaters and had the housing pointing upward. I loosened the housing and rotated it back down slightly and all works fine now.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A week for centrestand and risers? I've heard of taking your time and doing it right but...
I am a "step-by-step" instructions guy and I can tell you any instructions I got from SW-Motech (for the centerstand and skidplate) were not step by step. Way too much thinking involved for me. If I get frustrated it turns in to beer time (so I can gather my thoughts), that's were I think my projects start to fall apart.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No replacing wires, but due to my lack of mechanical skills it took me a while to figure out how to get a little more slack out of the brake line. That's just a matter of rotating the bracket on the lower fork clamp. Also, I ended up cutting the coiled cable guides (for lack of a better term).
"rotating the bracket on the lower fork clamp" ??

I'm about to install mine.......I have discomfort after 10 hrs on the saddle, but it lasts for a week (like a knife between my shoulder blades) I hope this helps. How are yours working out ??

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts