StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on a Rox Riser install soon. Looking at the pixture of the Rox at a 45 degree angle...how do you tighten the bottom clamp bolt? It would appear the part of the Rox that holds the handlebar is going to prevent getting an allen wrench in there to tighten it...if youve installed one how did you tighten the bottom bolt?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I cut the short leg off of a allen wrench and used that. Works best to tighten up the back bolt first & then the front.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cut the short leg off of a allen wrench and used that. Works best to tighten up the back bolt first & then the front.
You mean like a one inch piece of a 6mm allen wrench and turn it with a 6mm open end wrench?

·
Registered
236 Posts
^^^^Yep, that. Sorry for the confusion. Cut the short leg off & use what's left (of the original wrench) to tighten the bolt.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or...you could replace the lower allen bolts with hex heads bolts. Then a wrench could fit under the rox's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Or...you could replace the lower allen bolts with hex heads bolts. Then a wrench could fit under the rox's.
Doable, but you'd have to put washers or a spacer under the bolt head as it's recessed into the bar mount cap. Might cause clearance issues depending on how far back you need the bars to be.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ditto on Jim's comment (Hey Jim....here you are only 30 miles away too). I bought a cheap set of extra metric allen wrenches, used my dremel to cut off the short side wrench, then tossed the set into my tool kit after tightening them down. Would not have worked well otherwise.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I cut nothing. Tighten the lower allens first, then rotate to where you want it and tighten the upper ones... pretty easy...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 'Strom bar clamps have unequal legs - the front ones (with a dot on top) are meant to be closed right up and then you tighten the back bolts to suit.
Just turn the clamp caps the other way around - with the dots towards the back of the bike. Do the rear bolts up finger tight with the Rox risers laid right back. Then pull the Rox risers up to the desired position (should just be slightly stiff to turn) and then tighten the front clamp bolts.... Easy.....

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 'Strom bar clamps have unequal legs - the front ones (with a dot on top) are meant to be closed right up and then you tighten the back bolts to suit.
Just turn the clamp caps the other way around - with the dots towards the back of the bike. Do the rear bolts up finger tight with the Rox risers laid right back. Then pull the Rox risers up to the desired position (should just be slightly stiff to turn) and then tighten the front clamp bolts.... Easy.....

Good tip! Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts