StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Rox risers on my V-Strom to move the bars closer to me. This was to accomodate my "Custom" seat which placed my butt a little too far away from the bars for my liking. Before you ask, the seat builder insisted the sweet spot of the seat was in the correct place. Unfortunately my butt disagreed with his ego..

I tried the Gen-Mar "Up and Back" risers but they put the bars up higher as well as slightly back. Didn't work for me (they are going up for sale if anyone is interested). I found the Rox risers on an internet search. You can see them here http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

They come in 2", 3 1/2" and 5" lengths and pivot in your original bar mounts allowing you to position the bars anywhere in the arc. They also have anti vibration models and adjustable models that go up to 7". They come for 7/8" and 1 1/8" bars and have models that will adapt one size or the other. Price is $75 for the fixed length models and higher for the adjustable and anti vibration ones.

The product was nicely machined and well finished, unlike the Gen-Mar's. Everything fits well. I used the 3 1/2" version on my V-strom with the stock bars and the bars are now exactly where I want them. Using the 3 1/2" risers I am at the extreme limit of my brake hose and will have to get a longer one. The clutch hose is going to be re-routed to the rear side of the triple trees and the electric wiring gets relocated.

If you need to re-position your bars, I dont feel you will go wrong with this product. BTW I have no affilliation with the company. They only provided the right product at the right price with fast shipping to boot.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mr G said:
I used the 3 1/2" version on my V-strom with the stock bars and the bars are now exactly where I want them.
Where is it that you wanted them? I'm having trouble understanding what the results are w/the bars. Are they just closer to you or are they down? What is the resulting sitting position compared to stock? I'd reeeeeeally like something w/an emphasis on DOWN.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted them further back more than higher up. The Rox risers allow you to pivot the extensions from straight up extension to an almost straight back extension. The Rox risers also give more options for length. The Gen Mars are fixed at 1"x 1-3/8"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts