StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a number of guys are using the Rox risers on their Stroms but is anyone using the anit-vibe type?

Standard:

Anti-vibe:

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/

M

·
0 Posts
Any issues with cable routing? I might look into a pair of these if its not too big a hassle.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno, I'm looking for someone using them already. I'm thinking of them but want to know if they are worth the extra bucks. They shouldn't need new cables, they're a straight 2" and there are lots of guys (and gals) using the Genmar 1" up and 1-3/8" back risers with stock cables.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Are any of you getting a lot of vibration? None to speak of here...

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm old, so more comfort is better. I am planning on getting risers so why not consider an anti-vibe riser while I'm at it? Just trying to find out if anyone has them and if they are worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
These look pretty interesting. I like the adjustability of moving the bars back and up. I might try the standard solids with 1-1/8" fat bars. 1-1/8" bars tend to flex and vibrate less.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't Work

I tried the Rox anti-vibe risers and they did not work. I was out to kill a little buzz but no cigar. I think these are more for 4 wheelers and do absorb big shocks. Besides, I do not think they will install without a second riser (they will not clear the triple clamp).

I have real short arms and had the Gen Mar up and back and the Rox anti-vibes together. Felt like ape hangars and handling was adversely affected. I do not believe this is your answer. Try good TB synch and gel grips. Maybe a 16 tooth front sprocket.

Just Bill

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gel Grips made a BIG difference in the comfort level on my DL1K

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...I was out to kill a little buzz...
I usually try and nurse a little buzz...another beer, another shot... :D

I tried the Rox anti-vibe risers and they did not work. I was out to kill a little buzz but no cigar. I think these are more for 4 wheelers and do absorb big shocks. Besides, I do not think they will install without a second riser (they will not clear the triple clamp).

I have real short arms and had the Gen Mar up and back and the Rox anti-vibes together. Felt like ape hangars and handling was adversely affected. I do not believe this is your answer. Try good TB synch and gel grips. Maybe a 16 tooth front sprocket.

Just Bill
Seriously, thanks for the info Bill. I have no real complaints about my Strom, I just thought it might improve on an already good thing. Done the TBS, a couple times, and changed out the grips. I'm looking to raise the bars and wondered if the anti-vibe was worth the extra $$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts