StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here tried one of these?..my inner geek wants one, even though I have a perfectly functional Eastern Beaver system...

Rowe Electronics PDM60 Power Distribution Module...about $200.00

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I saw it once before and was intrigued. Somebody here has one.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
i bought one last year - bench tested it .... havent got around to instal it, so cant give out much info...

either it was on sale as i am sure i pay fair bit less than $200 for it, or my memory is a bit corrupted.

anyway, whilst bench testing i purposely short it and it was super geeky to see it goes green once the power is cycle through...

there is an ADVRider version ( i believe) which offer even more customisation - google it....

other than the geek factor and the instant on/off circuit reset, no other advantage i could see.

·
38,049 Posts
Sounds like a less expensive fuse block run off a 30A automotive circuit breaker instead of a fuse would provide the same functionality.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
more of a fuse block with 6 different circuit breaker each with its own programmable setting;

Benefit is auto reset of tripped circuit with off/on, and a solid state relay reliability(?)

·
38,049 Posts
Okay. That is more functionality. But what is the real benefit?

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Okay. That is more functionality. But what is the real benefit?
aside from not having to replace fuse.... yes, geek factor:mrgreen: .... nothing more GW.....

from the advertising crap:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The PDM60 provides 6 individual circuits, with a total load handling capability of 60 Amps. T......................

You are also able to create your own custom configuration, and load it into the PDM60 using a PC/laptop via the programming dashboard and custom programming cable. You’re able to configure individual circuit amperage limits, individual circuit triggering methods, circuit delay activation and delay off settings

............ with the PDM60 module your bike will be better equipped

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PS: i just checked the price - crikey, they are selling them for $199 now.... i must got a bargin..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, you can go to you tube "PDM60 Review and Installation" video made by Stéphane Lafrance, he has installed the system on the new V strom 1000 model. IT is a very good presentation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts