StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to take a casual business trip to Orlando and am considering riding down there. This is the longest trip I've done so far and am looking for some advice on not just the rotue, but the trip in general. I don't have any hard luggage, but am planning on strapping a small duffel (waterproof) to the back of the Wee. I've checked the weather and it looks like a 10-20% chance most of the time with a brief bit of 30% while I'm down there. I won't have to do any riding while I'm down there (unless I want to). The event is business casual, with the emphasis on casual, so no big deal about stuffing business clothes in the duffel. I'm bringing some wet weather gear just in case.

Regarding the route, I'm sitting with an Atlas in front of me trying to decide. Anyone give me some pointers? I'm leaving around 2-3 pm tomorrow.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right now I'm looking at US-1 all the way down until it hits I-4 and taking that the rest of the way to downtown. I think there maybe some better roads farther west, but don't know them well enough to choose. And definatly can't compare traffic on the roads and the difficulty getting to downtown Orlando from different ways.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have the time, take SR 13 out of Jax south down to 207. 207 will take you to East Palatka where you pick up US 17 which is a good ride to Sanford. In Sanford you can catch I4.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmmmm.... SR-17. Guess I didn't think about it going that far south. SR-17 (aka Park Ave in this area) is about two blocks from my house... I may have to take one way down and a different way north. I like the 17 south though. Thank you!

~Eric

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
A loonnng time ago, when I was stationed in Mayport, WE used to take 17 south to deBary then work our way to Winter Park. Then to the Base there for training and then we would take A1A back . great riding , good scenery , great places to eat! ( And drink in moderation ) :rolleyes:
just my suggestion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts