StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, new member here.

I'm James and next week I'm going to be leaving Cheltenham, UK on Tuesday to start a solo round the world trip on a Suzuki V-Strom (650) in aid of War Child.

If you want to know more about the trip (or make a donation to War Child! :thumbup: ) then you can look on my website, One Route | James Heaney | War Child

Throw questions my way as well if you like!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good luck!

That's quite an ambitious trip, but apparently for a great cause. Good luck on your journey. I look forward to following you.:thumbup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
trip

Well....good luck on the trip. I know this won't sound like every other post, sorry, but from your bio it doesn't sound like you've got alot of experience on long rides and with this lack of experience you're going around the world?

Good luck, you'll likely need it.

Sorry again, read about this all the time (I'll be the youngest doing whatever), most fail.

Bill H.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wish you the very best of luck James. Many of us dream about doing a trip like yours (maybe not quite so long though) but most are ‘too busy’ with day to day life and don’t make time.

Bill H may be correct but I reckon it's better to try and fail than never to try at all.

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
813 Posts
All the best and good luck with the trip - totally jealous!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Goodluck Mate.What is your planed route and time frame. I may be able to put you up for a few days if you make it to Oz.I live half an hour north of Byron Bay. Let me know if that helps. I am away at the moment in New Zealand. Will be home at the end of the month. I wish I had my Wee with me at the moment . Great roads for a motor bike:thumbup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have a great trip! I'm looking forward to reading about it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Good luck!

Don't worry about experience level. Quite a few of the RR's I've read have 1st timers.

I'll be following your adventures. If you haven't yet, you might want to register at the HUBB. Lots of world travellers there that may be able to lend advice and you might be able to hit them up if you need help along the way.

I'm envious!

Horizons Unlimited

·
Registered
25 Posts
No Experience

T_Parsons,

No one has experience the first time they do anything. They just have to have to determination to take on the challenge of what ever they choose. You have chosen a challenge that most men would quake in the fear of the unknown. But, I admire your attitude and your desire. Good Luck, and I will be following your travels, it is beyond my wildest dreams.
roadduster:yesnod:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Man that's "Awesome", hope you have a good seat...LOL. Will follow your trip and wish you the best

1 - 16 of 16 Posts