StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry if I got the wrong crowd excited ;)

Those that like the non-synthetic Rotella T 15W40 should still find it a good deal. I've been running white-jug Rotella in my DL650 for 50,000km and am quite pleased with it.

safe riding,
Doug

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
15-40 Dino works well in both our bikes. What's not to like.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just want to confirm the Rotella T, non synthetic, is acceptable in the DL650? That's what I am running in my '84 Honda and it would be convenient to be able to use it in the Suzuki.

Earl

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both Rotella T6 and dino Rotella are JASO-MA spec

Both the synthetic Rotella T6 5W40 and the dino Rotella 15W40 meet the JASO-MA motor oil spec. From Wikipedia ...

Many motorcycles have a wet clutch, where the clutch plates are immersed in oil. Some oils make the friction plates in the clutch slippery so that the clutch doesn't engage properly when shifting gears, or the clutch slips when the engine exceeds a certain torque. Some oils contain friction reducing chemicals. One element of the JASO-MA standard is a friction test designed to determine suitability for wet clutch usage. An oil that meets JASO-MA is considered appropriate for wet clutch operations. Oils marketed as motorcycle-specific will carry the JASO-MA label. A properly specified motorcycle oil will still allow for the appropriate lubrication and cooling of a motorcycle clutch, whilst maintaining 100% of the drive to be transmitted by the clutch, even under arduous operating conditions.

Cheers - Terry

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Just want to confirm the Rotella T, non synthetic, is acceptable in the DL650? That's what I am running in my '84 Honda and it would be convenient to be able to use it in the Suzuki.

Earl
No your suzuki is going to blow up if you do that.... How can this be a serious question? :headbang:

·
Registered
178 Posts
No your suzuki is going to blow up if you do that.... How can this be a serious question? :headbang:
Sorry if I offended you with my question. I am relatively new to motorcycles and their idiosyncrasies and yes it was intended to be a serious question. On another thread there was some concern expressed as to using the synthetic Rotella oil in the DL.

Earl

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thought it was a good question , people shouldn't get their panties so bunched up if some one asked a question. A stupid question is the you don't ask.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wrong stuff......what most of us use, who do the Rotella thing, is 5-40 Synthetic
All depends on the forum you are in. The KLR650.net swears they wouldn't put something with the consistency of "dishwater" into their motor and expect it to survive. :green_lol::green_lol::green_lol:
I use dino and synthetic both with no issues, noise, oil consumption, or grenade.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
FWIW, did an oil change today, only to find out I had no oil at home....dohh!

Went to CT, and found they also have the T6 Synthetic, 5-40 on sale for $29.99 (5L), reg $39.99 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts