StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my DL650K7 for 2 weeks now and have a little over 1k miles on it. Adjusted my levers tonight to account for my seat and riding position, but one thing I wanted to rotate also is the housing holding the headlight/turn signal buttons. I saw two phillips head screws on the bottom side of the housing; loosened them and tried to rotate the housing but it wouldn't move. Instead of forcing it, I figured I shoud ask first if there is something I overlooked or some other trick. I'd like to rotate it up about a 1/2 "
Thx

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
There is a locating pin that fits in a hole in the handle bars. Some folks have used a drumel and ground the pin off. You would have to take both screws out and seperate the housing. (not that tuff)

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Be careful if you do this. The housing might be a bit loose on the bars, allowing the unit to rotate. This happened to me when I replaced my handlebars- now my kill switch/starter button housing rotates around the handlebar. I plan to remedy this by shimming it with electrical tape.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Another option that really isn't that expensive is to get a set of Moose Racing dirt bike bars, the CR high are nice, they have less pull back than stock, which many people mention helps their wrists. The ATV high are much higher if you are looking for some rise.

These bars don't come with a locating hole in them. Use a drill and make the location where ever you choose.

It took me 30 minutes to switch them over the first time and 20 the second time.

The bars are less than $20. I ended up with the ATV's after trying the CR's and risers and wanting more rise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts