StromTrooper banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
In the last bike was bulb lamp and in the new wee 2018 is led.
I think you will find that the LED is your problem.

Do a search someone must have found a way to overcome it.

Possibly just adding a globe inline with the LED or a relay.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I answered you on the other thread, yes you need a brake relay.

As far as the momentary switch that is how I wired in both my Rostra's. I see no need for a big control box and if happen miss setting the speed I want, I just tap the brake and do it again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I answered you on the other thread, yes you need a brake relay.

As far as the momentary switch that is how I wired in both my Rostra's. I see no need for a big control box and if happen miss setting the speed I want, I just tap the brake and do it again.
Hi Motor 7.
I agree with you about no need a big control box. I never used one in my 200.000Km.
About the brake relay, I put one using the diagram showed in my previous post but the rostra did not worked. I did a search and I will change the brake relay connections.
Before that I will try put the rostra in check mode using only my on/off/on momentary switch.
My best.

·
Registered
0 Posts
First off, thank you to everyone for their work, and for sharing it with the rest of us. I’m well on my way to having cruise on my ‘04 DL650. Does anyone see an issue with the purple wire being connected at the rear, rather than under the gas tank bracket? I have access to it, because I had a loose turn signal to tighten. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,264 Posts
As long as it is the same circuit, where you tap into it won't matter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there.
I am back with the same problem in my rostra installation.
After add a break relay in the wiring diagram the rostra is not working.
So, I´d like ask to Wee members if somebody had installed rostra or audiovox electronic cruise control in the new Vstrom2017/2018 and could provide the wiring diagram and the 11 switches configuration of module.
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Doing a lot of research on this topic. Coming from a ride that was equipped with an OEM "automotive" type cruise control, I miss this function.

There seems to be two choices. ROSTRA or MCCruise. I'm not trying to "penny pinch". I'm interested in a system that is safe and reliable.I freely admit I'm not convinced that I'm capable of doing the install on either system, but I'm willing to try.

Before I take the leap I'd like to speak to someone who has successfully gone through this.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. Fell free to PM me.

Thanks in advance...

Kimble

New 2019 DL650

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,264 Posts
Kimble, the problem you are facing is the 2019 model. I done my 2012 with help from what others had posted. But the 2019 has some issues that are going to require figuring out. Without the bike in front of me, or others, there isn't much anyone can do to help.

I have helped a few others with the install on the earlier generation bikes. The number ONE biggest problem is owners trying to re-invent the wheel. Do the install EXACTLY how described in the posts from owners that have successfully done the work. If for instance the tail light being LED is the problem on a 2019 then that is one problem instead of many to figure out. There will be a correct wire to use, or a way to get around the problem. A factory service manual with wiring diagrams is a must for a project like this.

Get it working first....then re-invent the wheel. While not using the control switches might be cheaper, I cannot tell you how much more simple it seems to be to use the factory Rostra control switches!

·
Registered
468 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished installing the Rostra on my 2009 Dl1000. I found these instructions to be spot-on and really appreciate this site. I didn't even have to adjust ANYTHING!

Two items I noticed....
*You hardly need any slack in the Cruise cable. Maybe 1/4 of sag max.

* The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) pulse rate is 6k. It took a bit of searching to find this.

My settings: Gain on low, pulses to 6k, 4cyl low, square wave, manual tranny, clutch
Open circuit switch.

Dont be afraid if this install and Good Luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rick, I don't think it has been done successfully ....yet, and i suspect traction control might have something to do with it because that is the only change from 2016 and up.
Has Anyone successfully installed Rostra on 17' & up V-strom 650 ?

221 - 237 of 237 Posts