StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a Wee little V-Strom as my first bike.
I've wanted to ride for some time now. And now I'm finally on my way to doing it.
I've never ridden before, Aside from a week long Dirt biking trip four years ago.

anyway, At this point, my biggest concern is the colour.
I know I can ride it (Dimensions wise), a friend of mine is going to drive it off the lot for me and I'll get warmed up/aquanted with the bike, with his help, in a deserted parking lot ;)
A little practice later I'll snag my class six and be on my way.
What I'm hoping for is some input.
I have the option at this point of

gray, Yellow, Blue,Black.

I'm very much leaning towards the Yellow, however, I can't seem to find enough pictures to make a final decision.
Does anyone own a yellow Strom who can post pictures, or can anyone give me a little insight maturing as a rider?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
It is a well known fact that stealthy gray (silver) is faster :D

DD

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
WeeStrom89, surely there is a yellow in Calgary somewhere. If not just Google the dealers in Red Deer and Edmonton to see who has one. The yellow is really good looking in person and you won't loose it in a parking lot either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is one available.. Beginning of March
I haven't seen it in person. It's still in the box.
I'm exceptionally tempted to put my name on the sucker and take 'er.

I don't think I'd regret Yellow in the least. i just want to make an educated decision over an impulse. ya know?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You said that other than a dirt bike trip you took in the past, you've never ridden before. After getting acquainted with your new bike, sign up for and take a motorcycle training course. You won't regret it!

My Wee is blue, but if yellow had been available last year, I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat. It's gorgeous in person. the flat black is nice, too, but the yellow really stands out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rolleyes:I've diven in a bit further.
i've found myself a picture of the yellow, and in my quest to do so, i've found orange.
and I think I'm in love...
hah (I don't think it's available however.)

I'm on the verge of going down to Blackfoot Motorsports and putting a down payment on the yellow one

only thing stopping me is my nerves. Getting aquanted scares me.

i'll get over it. but the thought's still there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
New Wee recommendations...

Congrats on your decisions to buy a BumbleWee.
If I had one suggestion it would be to sign up for a motorcycle training course. I just finished one (Cyclelogics) and am glad I signed up. I'd ridden for a few years but it had been over 20 years since I was in the saddle. Take a course.
I learned all over again, riding a provided KLR 650 with 60K on it. A real thumper.
My dealer tells me that my '08 Wee just arrived yesterday (flat black). So with the weather getting better here in southwest B.C. I'm pretty stoked.:cool:
Also, make sure you've got the gear. The first weekend of class riding it absolutely poured. I stayed dry and warm because I had time to buy pants, jacket, rain gear and a good helmet.:D
Best of luck with your new ride.
Cheers,
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts