StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
good find Richard, I live about 15 min drive from that road - it's a popular motorcycle route and often with a lot of crazy sports bike riders on the weekends. I tend to avoid the weekends on it as too many cut across the centreline.

There arent too many legal passing spots and that was one of them. I estimate the bikers were probably 80-90km/hr and the car is doing at least 140km/hr when passing the bikes - the legal speed was 80km/hr. After the passing section, the road goes to right(but not very sharply). He probably didnt slow down enough to keep to his side of road and maybe was trying to cut a bit of corner and then saw a car from the opposite direction- goes back to his side of the road - lost control and flipped. - I wondered if the car on the other side stopped- he or she must seen the accident in the rear mirror.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Roles reversed, car rolls. Loose homophones lose respect. Don't break your brakes or they won't work. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
A "Hoon?" What's a "Hoon?"

Was that somebody's hand and wrist sticking out of the window?

"Show them the grisly photos again."

·
Registered
713 Posts
Roles reversed, car rolls. Loose homophones lose respect. Don't break your brakes or they won't work. :mrgreen:
I was expecting a Rolls-Royce backing into traffic, wreking havoc.

GW, don't let homophonophobia reign on your parade, or piss on your serial.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
GW, don't let homophonophobia reign on your parade, or piss on your serial.
Sometimes I can't take it any more and need to have a little fun. Then I can forget it for a while.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I lived in Sydney for 6 months.
One day we watched the news and the main item was about a cat that was caught on a tall tree and rescued, it went on and on for like 10 minutes.
We started to laugh, it was so amusing. Such a big deal of nothing.

Then one of the last items was a short and dry report about a suicide bomber blowing off a bus in Israel, that item lasted for 20 seconds.

I think the whole 'Hoon' thing was blown out of proportion. Some guy drove too fast and rolled over. big deal.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
It looked to me that the Subaru crossed the unbroken centre line to pass, i.e., illegal.
he crashed and stopped in an unbroken centreline area (the left bend itself). He did overtake in the unbroken centre line area. My guess he is absolutely going for it to try to overtake both bikes before the bend. As i said not many stretches on that road where u can legally or safely overtake.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I lived in Sydney for 6 months.
One day we watched the news and the main item was about a cat that was caught on a tall tree and rescued, it went on and on for like 10 minutes.
We started to laugh, it was so amusing. Such a big deal of nothing.
If that is/was the main news in the big city, I can see why Alice Springs had no TV. Didn't miss it one bit.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
it' channel 9 - info-tainment- channel - you would expect them to turn a non-event into something! -

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
it' channel 9 - info-tainment- channel - you would expect them to turn a non-event into something! -
Better than a blood soaked event if a rider was coming the other way when he lost control of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Better than a blood soaked event if a rider was coming the other way when he lost control of the car.
Yes it was an incident which could have dire consequence for all road users - i dont mean to be disrespectful - but is it really that news worthy? NO. people do all sort of stupid things every day- our society now accept them as normal (rightly or wrongly) - this one is no different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts