StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old Man enticed me.....and I had the day off.....so I jumped at the chance to ride the BluWee. The temps started off a little chilly....about 32 degrees, but I ran back-roads....dirt roads all the way down to Pueblo. Pushing 45-50 mph in the chilly temps is better than having to tolerate the wind chill on I25 at 80 mph.

Here's a pic half way in between Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

Old Man and his buddy Tim, opted for the lighter Thumpers (OM rode his YellowStrom down here a couple of weeks prior).

About 80% of the single track is completely doable on a Strom, which provides a lot of riding.....

I highly recommend PMI.....but would suggest going on a weekday if possible. On the weekends, I am guessing the traffic is too heavy.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It was a nice day. I needed to get out for some dirt on the DRZ. I had intended to let you take the DRZ for a few minutes, but time didn't permit.
Or maybe I was just too stingy.:confused::biggrinjester:

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a nice day. I needed to get out for some dirt on the DRZ. I had intended to let you take the DRZ for a few minutes, but time didn't permit.
Or maybe I was just too stingy.:confused::biggrinjester:

Honestly....I should have headed down there and rode my Honda NX650....but just wanted to ride the WeeSTrom. I pushed her a little and threw her around in the dirt and it was GOOOOOOD!!!!

I am still amazed that these DL650's can perform so well in the dirt.

Love 'em!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The guy on the right in your pics looks like someone I knew who used to hussle money shooting a swinging bottle cap on a string with a bow and arrow. That was in the early 70's in Denver.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy on the right in your pics looks like someone I knew who used to hussle money shooting a swinging bottle cap on a string with a bow and arrow. That was in the early 70's in Denver.

Thats frickin funny.....

Never know.....OldMan was probably the guy!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
That guy used to let me use his DT-100 to ride when I went to the Red Rocks Campus Of Denver Community College in '72. When I went there in '07 I got lost, hit a bar, and headed south to meet my brother in Montrose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts