StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past Saturday I did a late afternoon run at Tail of the Dragon. The 2014 650 v was perfect. 3rd gear most of the run up and down. Mine is still pretty stock and it cornered really well. Brake earlier and accelerate through the corners. Not to crowded due to late day wh9ch was a bonus. Also did 500 miles mostly slab on Friday alone at decent speeds and it also did this really well. I'm so pleased I can do 80 mph on slab and my biggest complaint is my helment buzzy. Givi windsheild was a real bonus plus adjustable quickly. No side bags just a drybag bag and top case. Plenty of power if driven hard which I think it likes. Runs really good at 6600 rpms. I belive every bike is alittle different and crossing 11.5 K in just under a year I think I got a pretty good one. Happy rides......

·
Registered
719 Posts
It used to be a much better road but is still nice if you hit it at the right time like you did. If you get a little further north try out the Devil's Triangle. It is really nice with almost no traffic. We hit it every chance we get.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Cherohala Skyway I thought was a lot more than the Dragon. The best part of the dragon IMO was the tree of shame...priceless.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good deal. The Dragon is great fun, and especially on your style of bike. You can still have fun at 35-45 mph on our bikes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Planning on riding down there from New York this spring on my dl100, he's been there a few times and knows some good dirt trail riding in the area too. Really looking forward to the trip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been frequenting the Suches loop (AKA Blood Mountain) in North GA the past few months. It's got some great twisties only an hour from my house.

I hear there also might be some dirt/gravel roads up that way... If you're into that type of thing. Haven't found em yet, but I'm always on the lookout.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The Cherohala Skyway I thought was a lot more than the Dragon. The best part of the dragon IMO was the tree of shame...priceless.
Agree. If your not looking to push your skill level and hit the corners at the max, the tail is nice. I like Cherohala better because it's a very nice road that you can relax and enjoy the views or scrape your pegs if you are so inclined and it's 50 miles long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts