StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come new to Colorado with my 1996 Honda ST1100 sport-tourer. I've had the bike since new, and it's been lightly used; 56k miles are on the odo.

I've decided to get something new, something lighter and with ABS. I have ridden about every adventure bike there is between 650 and 1200 cc in the last month. I also took the ST on a four day loop into the passes and gorges in Colorado, sticking strictly to paved roads.

My ST isn't worth much because of its age and condition. A dealer that handles Suzuki will give me 1000 in trade on anything they have, and they have a lot of inventory, and carry KTM, Ducati, and others.

My question is about seat comfort. I have a bike I can do 700 mile days on. Will the DL1000 feel the same?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I come new to Colorado with my 1996 Honda ST1100 sport-tourer. I've had the bike since new, and it's been lightly used; 56k miles are on the odo.

I've decided to get something new, something lighter and with ABS. I have ridden about every adventure bike there is between 650 and 1200 cc in the last month. I also took the ST on a four day loop into the passes and gorges in Colorado, sticking strictly to paved roads.

My ST isn't worth much because of its age and condition. A dealer that handles Suzuki will give me 1000 in trade on anything they have, and they have a lot of inventory, and carry KTM, Ducati, and others.

My question is about seat comfort. I have a bike I can do 700 mile days on. Will the DL1000 feel the same?
No, it likely won't feel the same. But I've done one 1,050-mile day and half a dozen 800- to 850-mile days on my 2012 Vee. I generally don't begin to experience any seat-related discomfort until after 600 miles. Your experience will almost certainly be different because butts are different. And, of course, there are lots of aftermarket seat options for the Stroms. I wouldn't let seat comfort inform my decisions.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
No. Is the easily replaceable seat really a deal breaker?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts